Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on the "Screen Wake" option?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just upgraded from a Charge 2 to a Charge 3. When I raised my arm to see the time with my Charge 2 the watch face would light up and display the time and steps, etc. My Charge 3 won't do this; I have to tap it twice to make the display turn on. How do I make it turn on automatically? 

Thank you,

Stephanie

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hold in left side button a few seconds;  look for 'Screen Wake'; tap to toggle on or off.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hold in left side button a few seconds;  look for 'Screen Wake'; tap to toggle on or off.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you! That worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @StephanieC and @JohnnyRow thanks for the input.

I am glad to see here that the instructions provided by our friend worked and that the screen wake option on your Charge 3 is now on. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Man Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Can you change the amount of time the face is lit up?  For me it is on only a few seconds and I have to keep touching the side button.

Best Answer
0 Votes
One last request......How do I fix my profile name? I do not have a "C" in my name and I'm not a jogger. I've gone to the profile page but I'm not finding anywhere to change my name and activity.Thank you,Stephanie
Best Answer
0 Votes

@StephanieC wrote:
One last request......How do I fix my profile name? I do not have a "C" in my name and I'm not a jogger. I've gone to the profile page but I'm not finding anywhere to change my name and activity.Thank you,Stephanie

As for "jogger", everybody gets some label as walking/running just based on amount of activity of the boards.  With more activity it changes to different labels.  There is nothing you can do to change that.  It is just meant for "fun" and is usually just ignored.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried tapping the toggle for this and the messaging function but they still won't turn on. Any ideas?

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Noosha wrote:

I have tried tapping the toggle for this and the messaging function but they still won't turn on. Any ideas?

Thank you 

If you are in 'Sleep Mode', that prevents turning on 'Screen Wake'.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great, thank you!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Leaving this incase it will help another user.

My Charge 3 lost its ability to wake via the double tap and only woke intermittently when I raised my wrist. 

I found it was in sleep mode, toggled it off and it wakes uber quickly when wrist is raised now.

The double tap usually is taking a couple tries unfortunately. 

On a side note I really miss the Alta, it was a nice basic small tracker, exactly what I wanted.  It may seem like evolving products to add the options competitors have like the smart watches, but I already have an iPhone with me, I just wanted to continue to track steps and continue to use fitbit app.  I’ve got near 10 years of steps here, but the Charge 3 has been a constant pain in the rear end.  The side button seems to depress at will and settings change leaving me to search about this site trying to understand a tracker I’m not that happy about.  Please consider bringing back a nice solid functioning basic tracker for those of us who are being forced to different companies products because Fitbit adds more and more features thus making the product line too specialized for us.  

Best Answer
0 Votes