Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add yoga as exercise on fitbit charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried to go setting in app.on mobile and follow the guideline from community. However, i can't add or remove auto recognized excercise. So, How do i add yoga as exercise on fitbit charge 3? Please help.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In your app go to your charge 3 (little tracker icon in the top right corner) and scroll down to Exercise shortcuts. Select that and on the page that comes up is the list of shorcuts you have on your charge 3. If there are 6 in the list delete one by swiping to the left, then select the plus sign in the top right. You can then select Yoga off the list of 15 shorcuts available. Then sync your tracker and Yoga shoukd be on the Charge 3.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

In your app go to your charge 3 (little tracker icon in the top right corner) and scroll down to Exercise shortcuts. Select that and on the page that comes up is the list of shorcuts you have on your charge 3. If there are 6 in the list delete one by swiping to the left, then select the plus sign in the top right. You can then select Yoga off the list of 15 shorcuts available. Then sync your tracker and Yoga shoukd be on the Charge 3.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This didn't work on my Charge 3

Best Answer

There is no Exercise shortcut on the Windows 10 app, and I can only ignore one of the listed options without being able to add new ones (like Yoga). I did a Yoga session, but the auto detect function did not recognize this either. Does not help my motivation. Now I'm just tracking manually via MyFitnessPal, but I don't need a Charge 3 for that.

Best Answer

I just don't understand why this says resolved question. People have just written what is on the instructions for the watch which doesn't seem to tally up for half the uses.  I don't get these options on my charge 3 either, there is no short cut to exercises option. One of the main things I want to track is yoga, and there is no settings to add or delete different exercises to track.

I'm on an Android version of the app, has anyone worked this out?

Best Answer

Hi Karms, I have worked it out, but through my laptop by going to the Fitbit site online, because the option does not seem to work with the App for the Charge 3. If you go to www.fitbit.com and log in, you can follow the instructions click on the little cog in the right upper corner and then on the Charge 3 pic (NOT on Settings!), the list opens that shows 'Exercise shortcut'. There you can edit the options and also shuffle the list with your preferred activities. After doing this, Yoga shows up on your Charge 3 also. On my side the Auto recognition still does not work for Yoga, and I constantly forget to start it manually, so I just still catch up in the evenings though MyFitnessPal. Ah well.

Hope, that helps!! 🙂

Best Answer

Swipe left doesn't work. Only option is to deselect and save to ignore. No plus sign to add and no list to find yoga on for adding.

Best Answer

I have an Android and the instructions she gave me to add to the exercise shortcut worked. The only.thing is I added yoga after I did you so of course it didn't track it. I was hoping when you click to track an exercise one of the options would be yoga but instead it is just run, walk or hike. So i guess i will just have to press play next time just in case it doesn't auto recognize🤷‍:female_sign: Im new to having a fitbit so not 100% sure.

Best Answer

Thank you, this fixed it for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Charge 3 does not have the exercise shortcuts.  How do I find it?

Best Answer

If you go on your fitbit app, click on the charge 3 in the upper right, scroll down to exercise shortcut and click on it. You can only have 6 and to delete one swipe left and then add a new one if needed. Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The icon to touch to add exercise on my new fitbitcharge3 is on the upper right of the dashboard screen, not the left side. Also the icon is not a gear but a watch. You'll find the Exercise Shortcuts after pressing the watch. You must delete one type of exercise to add yoga.

Best Answer

Now I'm replying to my own post. The watch icon is on the left side of the dashboard, not the right.

Best Answer
Thanks - I have it now!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification. Logging in on my computer allowed access to the required settings as you explained. Your instructions worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks NellyG.  I was able to add Martial Arts by following your instructions.  Worked perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated working solution for new app [2019] : 
Click on upper leftmost corner icon of your profile > Devices > click on your device > scroll down and goto General > Exercise Shortcuts > Swipe left on any exercise you want to remove.

Now click on + and you can add your favorite exercise from the list.

Best Answer

Thanks! I got it now!😊

Best Answer

Thank you for this! I was getting very frustrated, LOL!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a legend, Thank you 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes