Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restart the Fitbit when it has a blank screen and the battery is halfway charged.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you restart the fitbit when the screen is blank and the battery is halfway charged?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you.  I did plug it I to the charger and held the button in for 15seconds and the smiley face came on.  It is working now!!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

@tstew1128, welcome! Please, try the following troubleshooting options for the blank screen (one by one):

1. Restart Charge 3

2. Change clock face from Fitbit App (you can revert it back later to your preferred option)

3. Long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Please, let us know how it goes!

Best Answer

Thank you.  I did plug it I to the charger and held the button in for 15seconds and the smiley face came on.  It is working now!!!

Best Answer

@tstew1128, hurray! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything is good now.  I followed the instructions that were sent.Thanks

Thank you.  The advise helped.  Fitbit is working.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is out my fitbit is fully charged 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JimmieC, welcome to the community! 3 troubleshooting options are posted in the same thread - please try them out and if they don't work, contact Customer Support for further options.

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still completely blank. Its vibrating but screen blank

Best Answer

My charge 3 screen is still blank after following the instructions

Best Answer

This sucks, my Fitbit is out of warranty and I have a blank screen!  Paid too much money for this tracker and now I have a blank screen and can’t connect to my iPhone!  This is my second Fitbit, probably my last unless something is done to fix this issue!

I’m looking at Garmin products!

Best Answer
Plug it in and hold the button in for 15 seconds until a happy face comes on.  It will be reset then.

Best Answer

I woke up this morning to a blank screen on my Charge 3. I have tried to reset the Charge 3 and nothing. It vibrates and syncs to my iPhone but the screen is blank. This is my second Charge 3 that I have owned after the first stopped working and was replaced under warranty. Now out of warranty and this one I cannot see the screen. Not happy!

Best Answer

I’ve tried this method about 20 time.  No Smiling face on the Charge 3 or me!

Best Answer
That has always worked for me.   Sorry it's not working for you.  There must be some way you can go on line to get in touch with the company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work!

Me either!

Best Answer

I’m thinking this issue is to make people buy a new Fitbit!  Not going to happen with me !  I’m done! 
Im looking at Garmin, which is more reliable then Fitbit since they changed ownership!

Bye Bye, Fitbit!

Best Answer

I have the same issue. It's been 5 months over warranty and asked me to buy a new one. I am looking for Garmin now. Done with fitbit . 

Best Answer

I have tried all these suggestions for a week. Full battery and still blank screen!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with the blank screen. It’s been continual for 5 days. My Fitbit is less than a year old. I’ve tried to restart it daily following the suggestions here. I’ve spent almost an hour several days trying to restart it. What’s the process to request a replacement?  Appreciate a response. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes