Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will my Charge 2 last when battery is low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit Community,

I looked at the fitbit app last night before bed and the battery indicator said low battery. I didn't want to take it off and charge it during the night because I love the sleep tracker and I knew it had at least 12 more hours of life. Now, I just got to work and  just checked the app. Thiis time a popup notification came up telling me by battery was low. Since I don't have my charger with me, how long do you think it'll last before it dies?  

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

It's nice to see you around the Community @emily-m, hope you're doing great! Woman Very Happy Mine lasted pretty much the whole day after I got the notification via email, so you should be just fine. 

For help deciding when to charge your tracker:

• Check your battery level at any time on your Fitbit dashboard.
  • When one day or less of battery life remains, you'll see a battery icon on the first screen when checking your stats.
  • When a critically-low warning appears, charge as soon as possible. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I charge my Flex 2 overnight and it's still reading as low battery 

Best Answer

I get the full 5 days as advertised. Mind you, day 5 usually starts at 20-25% which I've found is plenty to get me to the evening. Many 5th-day evenings it's still above 10% by evening. Once it was at 17% on the morning of the 5th day and I decided to see if it would last the day. I did a 20-minute HIIT routine and then a few hours later went for a 60-minute bike ride with the GPS feature engaged and it was still at 17% when I got back. I had enough power until bedtime when I plugged it in.

I have Quick View enabled, as I'm in the habit of checking it several times an hour, and all other settings (Notifications, Reminders, All Day Sync) disabled. Before unplugging it from the charger cable after a charge cycle I always reboot it.

Best Answer

Hey my friend @Imc4424, thanks for jumping up here! Smiley Very Happy Are you checking the battery level on your Fitbit app? If so, make sure you synced right after charging your tracker since the app will remind the last battery level update. Once you sync, it will give you the real-time percentage of your battery level. 

Mine lasts as advertised @pjfarrWoman Very Happy Do you have the Flex 2? I have both and they're doing just fine when it comes to the battery life. Thanks for sharing this my friend!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I have the Charge 2. I sorta did the math: If a full charge (100%) is supposed to last 5 days, then I assumed each day uses about 20%. The 5th day almost always starts out at about 20% so that seemed right to me. Sometimes the percentage doesn't change for hours, even after tracking a workout and a few walks. As I mentioned, I do reboot the Charge 2 before disconnecting it from the charger each time (like I do with my cell and other mobile devices). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think so... I never restart my tracker after charging it and it lasts the 5-7 days (7 when my heart rate is Off or Auto), I'll try doing this with both, my tracker and cell lol and I'll get back to you letting you know if that did change something on my battery life @pjfarr

Thanks for that finding! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very helpful. Thanks you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a new charge 2 owner, how do you reboot it and sync it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @doryjo, it's nice to have a new member around! To sync your tracker, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How do Fitbit devices sync their data

So now, in order to restart your Charge 2, follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If you're having any difficulties with your Charge 2, please let me know, I'll be more than glad to assist you! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tutorial on how to charge my Charge 2.  I have had mine for about three weeks and I love it.  I usually charge it before I go to bed - and after I have met all my goals.  I love the new connector that clips onto the back of the device - after 21 months with my Charge HR the back fell apart one evening when I went to disconnect! I managed to tape it together until I bought my new Charge 2.  After charging (usually not more than an hour) I just unclip the cable and I get notification that it is charged.  

Do I really have to press and hold the button for 4 seconds to restart it?  I have not been doing that and it seems to work okay...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @zobie, thanks for jumping into this thread! Robot Very Happy You've been charging your tracker just fine. 

You don't need to restart your Charge 2 after charging it. I provided instructions on how to restart the Fitbit since some users here were asking about that procedure. 

Your Fitbit Charge 2 comes equipped with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. As you mentioned, charging fully takes about one to two hours.

To charge your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. 
    User-added image
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. The battery icon disappears after three seconds.

While the tracker charges, you can tap it to check the battery level. A fully charged tracker shows a solid battery icon.Woman Very Happy No restart needed after charging your buddy, just disconnect it from the charger and you're good to go! 

Best Answer

Even if I recharge overnight, my battery is low by evening. When I first got it, the battery lasted 3 or 4 days. My Fitbit is only 3 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes