Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my step goal?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to change my daily goal steps from 8,000 to 10,000 

how do i do that.

thank you

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

Go to your dashboard. On the tile with your steps on it. Hover your mouse over the bottom left until you see a gear. Click on that and you will see where to change your step goal.

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Welcome to the forums!

Go to your dashboard. On the tile with your steps on it. Hover your mouse over the bottom left until you see a gear. Click on that and you will see where to change your step goal.

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer

I have tried your solution to changing my step goal and it does not work! When I hover over the step tile the gear wheel does appear but when I click on it the image changes to "Top Badges" and says "remove tile" followed by "done". When I click on this it just reverts to the original view!!

I have a Charge 2.

Any other advice?

Thanks.

Best Answer

@2Tigger2 go to www.fitbit.comPhotoGrid_1510442389581.jpg

Or through the appPhotoGrid_1510442773430.jpg

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for the great instructions. The pictures are great and i was able to do what you have said,

thank you

arlene

Best Answer

Glad to here that. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the screen shots. My Fitbit.com dashboard does not look like the images however (maybe difference in updates (your post was from last year) or platform (I'm on a MacBookPro). Think I've tried everything without much luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bluepinecones are you accessing your settings through the web based dashboard?

Go  go to fitbit.cm

, mouse over the today screen and then click on the cog that pops up.Screenshot_20181029-011654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181029-011737_Chrome.jpg

To

Best Answer

Have you had any luck?  I've tried the hovering over the settings icon also and nothing happens.  Clicking on the settings icon only gives me the option of deleting the tile and choosing "See More" just shows me my detailed daily activity.  It's frustrating.

Best Answer

Nevermind.  I should not try this stuff without having a cup of coffee first - lol.   I just realized that I was not hovering over the right tile.  I was hovering over my Steps tile, rather than my Goals tile.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to do this on my phone app so I don’t have a mouse to hover. How can I. Do this with in the app? Instructions to go to settings doesn’t help. 

Best Answer

Tap on the daily report tile, then tap the settings gear found in the top right.

Or through the web tap on a blank spot on the tile, that is how I got the screen shots posted above through the phone.

Best Answer

Thank you! This was exactly the help I needed with my charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU...  I have stumbled over by accident so many times and forgot how to change when I wanted too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JoyceHoffman you are ressurecting a 2 year old thread. What is the issue that you are having? Things have changed a lot since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't reply to the post on the app so trying here.  My point was that I couldn't figure out how to change the step goal and was looking everywhere to find directions for how to currently do it as I just last month started wearing my fitbit again.  The last response in this thread was just a year ago.
Joyce
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes