Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the brightness of the Charge 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there an auto dim or manual dim for nighttime or a dark bedroom when the display shows; it can be blinding. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @JKS442, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy Answering your question, no, there is no option to manually or automatically change the brightness of the Charge 2. The only thing you can do with it, is to activate or deactivate the quick view option, for example if it bothers you at night, you can turn it off and turn it on the next morning (don't forget to sync your Charge 2 to save those changes). 

However, since some other users have requested this idea, you can take a look at it in our Feature Suggestions board and leave your vote on it so our team can take it into consideration. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I just added my vote for brightness adjustment on the Feature Suggestions Board.  Today is a rare sunny day in Portland, and I couldn't see my new Charge 2's screen at all during my run.  I was doing a fartlek run today, where I vary the pace throughout the run, and I would have been really helpful to be able to see what my pace was at any given time.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @mafpdx! Thanks for taking the time to visit our Feature Suggestions board and leave your vote on one of the ideas, that specific one would be a great addition to the Charge 2 and very useful specially for us, the runners. 🙂 So I hope our team can take a look at it and maybe take it into consideration in the future. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

Thanks!  We don't get much sun in the NW (except from July to September), but it would be great to be able to adjust brightness on those days.

I just switched to Fitbit from a Garmin Vivosmart HR+, and I'm very happy so far.  I'm amazed the app actually works on my Windows phone....it was next to impossible to get the Garmin to sync with its Win phone app.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @mafpdxSmiley Happy It is nice to hear that you like the Charge 2 that much, I love this tracker too, has a lot of very useful features and the design is pretty comfortable. And in your case, sounds awesome that is working on your Windows phone. Thanks for that update. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer

Heydy,

I tried to vote for changes to brightness and auto suppression while sleeping, but the system said the topic was closed.

This is really important to me and is a deal breaker if it can't be fixed. Sleep monitoring was one of the main reasons I bought the Charge 2, but it is not worth a divorce! If I can't suppress the light while sleeping, I will have to stop wearing the device and warn anyone else about the issue in reviews of the product.

Please put pressure on the developers to take this seriously. It's been in the threads for 3 years now so no excuses.

Thanks for being available to take comments at least.

Cheers

Best Answer

Hey @Stu49, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Trust me my friend, there are some ideas, like this one that I posted above, that I would really love to see someday in the Charge 2, however we as moderators can only let the users know how these suggestions go or what their status is. 

I was checking out, and it seems that this feature suggestion is under consideration so please take a look at it and leave your vote and comments. 😉

Stay tune on that idea and of course I will post for any updates I get. 

Best Answer

Stick a piece of black insulating tape over it at night 

Best Answer
Yeah there’s a “bright” solution; smart as$

-John
Best Answer
0 Votes

HeydyFitbit, just checking to see if there's any update on this feature suggestion.  I'm wondering if it's still under consideration at this point, given that the Charge 3 has now launched. My Charge 2 is pretty new, and unless it breaks or fails I probably won't be upgrading for a while, so getting the ability to adjust the brightness is still important for me.

Best Answer

Hey guys! @mafpdx@Polemic and @Stu49, thanks for your participation here in the Community! 

Well, about the option to change the brightness of your Charge 2 display, let me tell you that there is no update about this, if it is gonna be an option in the future or not. However, you can keep commenting the idea that I posted above, so our team can take a look at it.  

I will appreciate your understanding! 

Best Answer

Hello from 2019, just checking up to see if there is any update on the brightness settings or not. Thanks

Best Answer

I've heard nothing more.

It's pretty disappointing that they don't take a serious user problem seriously.

Not what I expected from a market leader.

I went to Garmin for my partner's tracker hoping they would be more responsive if there is a problem.

Maybe next time I will just go with the Chinese knock off product and take my chances!

Best Answer

Given that the Charge 3 has been out for several months, I doubt they'll be making any more improvements to the Charge 2.  Other than the brightness issue, I've been happy with the 2, and I'm planning to use it until it dies.  I had a Garmin Vivofit before, but the onboard GPS took too long to acquire a signal, so I bought the Charge 2.

Best Answer

Hiya all.. OK, there was a suggestion of putting gaffa tape / black tape over the display. Kinda pointless suggestion, but the concept is sound.
Most active folks with have wrist bands, I have one that is more of a wrist pouch for carrying a card / paper cash or even a phone !!! I mention this as the fabric isn't fully transparent or fully opaque either.
As a result, it can dim the light from your watch quite nicely if you were to wear it over your watch as you sleep!!!
May do the job for you... Also mind you can sort of have the display not come on when you lift your arm to view it...
Just a suggestion.

Best Answer

I had the same thought. Electrical insulating tape might be too sticky. I'm going to try the blue painters tape. Turning Quick Notifications off/on seems annoying.

Best Answer

I would like to be able to adjust the brightness on my fitbit because I cannot see it outside in the sun.

Best Answer