Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a factory reset on my Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying to factory reset my charge 2, is there anyway to do that? I’m asked to factory reset because it wan’t syncing so I removed it from my account and now it won’t connect.

I have a Microsoft Lumia 830

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is no factory reset. But doing the restart 3 times in a row can help

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also turn Blue tooth off on the phone for a minute and then turn it back on and try again

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

There is no factory reset. But doing the restart 3 times in a row can help

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also turn Blue tooth off on the phone for a minute and then turn it back on and try again

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have tried this but nothing happening

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jojox, welcome aboard! Let me ask you this, why do you want to factory reset your Charge 2? If you have inconveniences with your Fitbit, let me know, maybe I can help you out. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no problems anymore.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeydyF wrote:

Hey @Jojox, welcome aboard! Let me ask you this, why do you want to factory reset your Charge 2? If you have inconveniences with your Fitbit, let me know, maybe I can help you out. 😉 

I'll be around! 

@HeydyF wrote:

I'll be around! 

hey i need to factory reset my fitbit charge 2 as I'm giving it away please can you help

Best Answer

Hey @Sunlightning, thanks for the update! Sounds pretty good that your Charge 2 isn't giving you more issues. 

@nb1991, it is nice to see new faces around! I'd like to give you a hand on this. So please tell me, why do you need to factory reset your Charge 2? What is the issue that you are experiencing with it? Maybe I can help you out to solve it. 😉 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeydyF wrote:

Hey @Sunlightning, thanks for the update! Sounds pretty good that your Charge 2 isn't giving you more issues. 

@nb1991, it is nice to see new faces around! I'd like to give you a hand on this. So please tell me, why do you need to factory reset your Charge 2? What is the issue that you are experiencing with it? Maybe I can help you out to solve it. 😉 

Have a nice day guys! 

I have been having issues with the display on my Charge 2 not showing any information. It worked fine the other day, but had to charge it since the low battery symbol popped up. I removed the device from the charging clamp and when I took it off the charger I noticed the display was black and have not been able to get anything to pop up on it since. Can you please help with your expertise?? I've also noticed that A LOT of people have been having this same problem recently so I'm wondering if it has to do with a firmware update or something totally different, but my app on my phone isn't showing that I need to do a firmware update yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I was hoping to factory reset my fitbit charge 2 to give to my mum following an upgrade. How do I do this? 

Thanks 

Best Answer

Hey @Ciara9112, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If somebody else is gonna use your Charge 2, then just remove it directly from your account and then when your mom set it up as a new device, the data that your Charge 2 saved while you were using it, will be deleted, and she can start tracker her activity with it. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a used Charge 2 from a friend. After I set it up on my account, it still has her steps and all from today on it. If there is no factory reset, how do o remove her info? It showed the setup screen when I got it. I have removed it from my account and reconnected twice, syncing after as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Justme92x, it is great to see new members around! Thanks for trying some tips to delete the previous data on your Charge 2. Setting up should be enough for it to delete the previous info on it, so let me ask you this, when did you started using the Charge 2? I'm asking because if you are seeing the "today's" data, that could be the info that was logged by you prior setting up, which means that this data is yours. Now, if for the previous days you are only looking calories, that is totally normal, since it is the historical estimated of calories burned based on your demographics. So please let me know. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,   my Charge2 was badly damaged,  My dad bought me 2 replacements ( pebbles only).    The pebbles came in official fitbit replacement packaging...   both units are not being found by any device but my old tracker is still able to be found.   I tried everything, and I know it is not a phone problem but the devices are not being picked up at all 😞     I wanted a factory reset and tried to reset it 3 times,   I can not imagine why the device, which was charged many hours and is turning on (software 22.53.04) and saying "fitbit.com/setup"   is not being found as a tracker.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.  Brand new Charge2 received directly from Fitbit, but I am unable to do setup.  No device is picking up the unit, tried all steps possible and advised by Support and forums.  Got in touch with Technical and their final answer to me was basically "sorry, there is no Charge2 connected to your account (obviously because I cannot set it up); and that my previous devices/account is out of warranty so they recommended I visit the Fitbit online store and buy another one!!!  Really?  Brand new device, I cannot set it up!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this a new device you just bought or is it a replacement?

If it's a new one, since you  bought it directly from Fitbit, you should be able to provide them with the order confirmation and invoice so they can verify this information (that's what I would do) and do something about it

If it's a replacement, you received it while and because the old device is/was under warranty (otherwise why would they send you a replacement). Also, even if you received your replacement in the last days of your original warranty: 

Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law.

In both cases their answer is unacceptable so don't give up and contact them again

Lastly, there is a widespread problem with the replacements - they won't pair, support says it's a software issue on which they're working.

Best Answer

How to reset charge 2 when giving to someone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i was thinking of re-setting as my charge 2 has recorded thousands of steps that I haven’t done. 2 nights ago it recorded 8000 whilst I slept and this morning it is saying 12717 when it has been on charge all evening. Can you help with this please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue: black screen of death. Personally, I thing my Charge 2 is dead with only 3 years of use. I get the impression it's not charging anymore. I've tried resetting the device numerous times using the procedure outlined here to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I 'm having a similar problem.  I'm doing a challenge & one of the player's running step total for the day has stopped showing on my screen & it won't show me how many steps I am away from her.  can anyone help me please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there did u get a resolution?   I am having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes