Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a factory reset on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried following these steps for a factory reset but I do not know how you're supposed to continually hold down the side button (in the cradle with the cut out hole for pressing the button) AND be able to continue to hold it down when you remove the watch from the cable. You must let go of the button to get it out of the cradle.  Can someone clarify Step 2, transition to Step 3?

To factory reset your tracker:

1. Attach the charging cable to your tracker and plug the other end into a USB port.
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately two seconds and without letting go of the button:
    1. Remove the charging cable from your tracker.
    2. Wait about seven to nine more seconds after removing the charging cable.
  3. Let go of the button and hold it down again.
  4. After "ALT" and a white screen flash, let go of the button and hold it down again.
  5. After you feel a vibration, let go of the button and hold it down again.
  6. After you see "ERROR," let go of the button and hold it down again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & format

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I have also tried all of the recommended tips and my Charge 3 is still unresponsive. Please put me in contact with Customer Support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Reset doesn't work at all. Changing the clock face makes no difference.

Best Answer

I also believe the reset instructions don't work.  Can someone please clarify how you can press the socalled button to reset.  Also my screen is complete blank.  I do not see anything.

Best Answer

Got a replacement Fitbit Charge 3.  Wont let me set it up.  Keeps telling me that email is already in use.  I know that.  It’s me!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried troubleshooting also and couldn't find a solution. My Charge3 is going crazy. A few days ago there was a "glitch" at the top of the display. It looked like a strikethrough font. Then, last night it said the battery was low and as soon as I put it on the charger It had a white line through a black screen. It soon began vibrating erratically and the screen was flashing and changing. I've tried the resets. They didn't work. My app said it needed a firmware update, it didn't work. Now my phone won't even recognize the fitbit but it will vibrate when you pish the side button. The screen stays black and the little green light underneath hasn't lit up since I tried charging it last night. Everything was fine until I tried to charge it after everyday use. Just wondering if there is something else I could try. It's less than a year old. I wear it everyday and it's helped me so much that now I'm lost without it! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi,

I followed the steps to restart my FITBIT Charge 3 and it still won't turn on. I can feel the vibrations but nothing on the screen. 

Can you please set me up with customer support

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit charger 3 and the screen is black. It was purchase 1 month ago and working fine until today.

i tried a reset but nothing is still showing up.

what else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry but I don’t know anything about resetting fitbit. I was simply posting my own question, and have never gotten an answer from Fitbit. I hope you find a solution.

Mima123
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the instructions to reset my Fitbit but it’s just flashing all the time. It is taking the charge but the time is out of sync. The smiley face appeared but is still flashing. I got the Fitbit for a present for my 70th birthday a year ago and have never been without it. Feels strange without it on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this is what I have done 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I just throw it in the trash. This doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine. I have had no reply either. It was bought as my 70th birthday present November last year. I have had three Fitbits and none of them have lasted longer than a year. Very disappointed as they are expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just so you know, the screen of my Fitbit 3 went black and after trying out everything I was told to reset it nothing work for mine.
i sent en email to Fitbit costumer service and they replaced it with a new one because it went bad just 3 months after I purchase it. It was still under warranty.

so if you had same problem in under a year you could get it replace from them too!

good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope.  Pressing and holding does nothing.  The only thing more useless than my Charge 3 is this support forum.  Your Windows 10 app is garbage.  It couldn't sync even if it was the freaking Titanic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is crap. I'm on hold with customer service and was chatting live with someone. You guys dont give a crap about your customers or the issues they have. All you have to say is we are working on the issue! Will never buy from you guys again

Best Answer
0 Votes
They replaced mine. I was over the moon.

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the two proposed solutions resetting and changing the clock face but nothing worked out, yet the app vibrates after 8 seconds but without a smile face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

i just purchased a Fitbit charge 3 today. I followed all the instructions to set it up and the screen only works when it is plugged in to charge. I have tried resetting, rebooting and restarting it as well as changing the clock face on the app. Nothing works and I am really disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried literally everything and mine still isnt synching with my phone anymore 🙈🙈🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the steps multiple times

when i put the tracker in the charger it vibrates, so i know it is connecting

i hold the button for 8 seconds and it pulsates 3 times at the limit

then nothing happens 

the tracker is capturing my activity, but the tracker display doesn't show turn on

suggestions please

Best Answer
0 Votes