Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase a protection plan?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my third replacement for my charge 3 under the one year warranty for screen issues. My one year warranty is up next month. I also just purchased my daughter and ace 2. After setting it up, through the the app I was offered a 2 year protection plan for 15.99. Since I have had multiple replacements on my charge 3 in the first year I wanted to see if I could also purchase this plan for the new charge 3 replacement I just received on Friday. Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jreneau. Thanks for getting back.

Let me share that you can only purchase the Fitbit Protection Plan during checkout on fitbit.com, or when you see an offer in the app. If you’ve seen the offer 1 or 2 times, you’ll get another offer soon so make sure to keep an eye on it.

Catch you later! 😉

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Sorry, but you are only offered the opportunity to purchase that at the time of the tracker purchase. You can't purchase it retroactively. 

Best Answer
Think you for responding. I bought my daughters ace 2 yesterday and the app offered me the protection plan for 15.99. I clicked on it to see the details and then closed it to discuss with my wife. Now I want to purchase it but that option is gone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Jreneau  you can buy protection directly from Square Trade. Many of us on the forums have used it before. @SunsetRunner is right. You can't get a warranty on your device. Square Trade asks for a receipt as proof of purchase, which would show an older date. If you get a warranty on the Ace, be sure to do it soon.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

If you're in Europe the warranty is two years. That's pretty much worthless, though, if it still means that the device no longer works with your phone/tablet. I have a Samsung J5 phone which worked pretty well until the latest app update. Now it is useless even as a watch as the sync determines the time. I was considering upgrading to Versa 2 (my Charge 3 was the fourth Fitbit device purchased since 2015), but I know that it's the app that is incompatible with my phone. Why should I buy a new phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Welcome on board! It's great to see you participating in this thread.

@SunsetRunner and @Odyssey13, thanks for stopping by and helping our members.

@Jreneau, thanks for bringing this to my attention and sharing your experience with your Charge 3. Let me explain that when purchasing a new device the Fitbit app will offer you the option to purchase a Protection Plan within the first 30 days, as it happened with your daughter's Ace. Since your device was replaced, this offer will not appear. I'm sorry if this causes you any inconvenience and if you ever have a question about your Charge 3, don't hesitate to let me know.

@AmandaJayne123, I understand your thoughts about this situation and please know that our team is working hard to add new models to our compatible devices list. While the Fitbit app hasn't been fully optimized to work with your Samsung J5 phone, I'd recommend to try the steps from this help article as they have helped others.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
Thank you. Can you tell me how to go about getting the protection plan for the ace that I just bought Sunday? The option went away in the app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Jreneau. Thanks for getting back.

Let me share that you can only purchase the Fitbit Protection Plan during checkout on fitbit.com, or when you see an offer in the app. If you’ve seen the offer 1 or 2 times, you’ll get another offer soon so make sure to keep an eye on it.

Catch you later! 😉

Best Answer

thank you. It did pop back up and I got it purchased.  

Best Answer

Hi @Jreneau. I hope you're doing well!

I'm glad that you were able to purchase the Fitbit Protection Plan for your daughter's Ace 2 and thanks for keeping me updated. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Hope to see you around more often! 😊

Best Answer

Incorrect

Best Answer

@radams798 wrote:

Incorrect

What is incorrect? The more you tell us, the better to help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone else replied you can only purchase a protection plan at the time of purchase. I was referring to him

Thank you,

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read somewhere on the FitBit site that you can purchase it within 30 days of setting up the FitBit.

Does this mean that the offer might show up again before the 30 days is up, or does this mean that the warranty should be purchased separately from SquareTrade itself? 

I bought my fitbits at Best Buy, and they didn't have the offer for the Warranty through FitBit. I did get the offer in the app, but I didn't have the money at the time to buy the warranty (which was the day I bought two FitBits). 

Best Answer

I read somewhere in the community questions that were answered in regards to the extended warranty that you can purchase it within 30 days of setting up the FitBit. I also read that the offer shows up in the app once or twice shortly after setting up the device - which I did experience. 

Does this mean that the offer might show up again before the 30 days is up, or does this mean that the warranty should be purchased separately from SquareTrade itself? 

I bought my fitbits at Best Buy, and they didn't have the offer for the Warranty through FitBit. I did get the offer in the app, but I didn't have the money at the time to buy the warranty (which was the day I bought two Versa 2 FitBits). 

I have the money now to spare to purchase the offer that FitBit had in the app (15 dollars from what I read), but I can't find the offer anywhere in the app again. I tried researching to see if I could buy the warranty separately before the 30 days is up (regardless of the price), but I read that it's only available at the time of purchase from ordering on the website. Which, I cannot do now, because I have already purchased the watches. 

Is it not possible to purchase the warranty after purchasing the device, outside of the offer randomly popping up in the app? 

Please and thank you to anyone who can answer this inquiry. 

Best Answer

Hi @RaeInBow  sometimes it seems to pop back up, as the poster stated. If not, you can go directly to Square Trade, but it has to be within a certain period of time in order to purchase it on a new device. I'd call Square Trade and ask them. Best Buy's Geek Protection isn't available on your Fitbit?

Best Answer

No, it wasn't offered from what I recall. I don't know why. But I will call square trade thank you! 

Best Answer

Is there a link to get the protection plan through the app? I just got my Versa 2 a week ago and to be safe decided I want to get a protection plan. I saw the pop up and when I connected the device but was so anxious to get it all set up I skipped over it because I thought it said you have the first 30 days. Why isn't there just an option under account settings to buy the protection plan? This was given as a gift so it's a little tedious to have to track down the receipt, but can be down if need be.....

Best Answer

Hi @PackerBacker789   go to Square Trade and buy it before time is out. You will need your receipt to purchase it.

Best Answer

Hi @AmandaJayne123 

I have a Charge 3 and a Galaxy J5 for several years now, never any phone related problems.

So your problem is probably caused by a setting or something else.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.18.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes