Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase a protection plan?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my third replacement for my charge 3 under the one year warranty for screen issues. My one year warranty is up next month. I also just purchased my daughter and ace 2. After setting it up, through the the app I was offered a 2 year protection plan for 15.99. Since I have had multiple replacements on my charge 3 in the first year I wanted to see if I could also purchase this plan for the new charge 3 replacement I just received on Friday. Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

I want to get the Protection Plan that is being offered by I don't want to purchase it through my phone.  How else can I purchase it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kklangdon  go to Square Trade. They have a website.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, similar to @Jreneau  I just set up my fitbit inspire in the app this week and was given a popup option with the option to purchase a warranty. I accidentally clicked out of it and now I cannot find the option to purchase it again 😞 I just got my device and really want to get the warranty because I am very active and will use this daily. How can I go about this? Please help!

-----------------

hello,

what is the website?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello,

what is the website?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes you'll get the offer again, @coraf1999  but if you don't - go to squaretrade.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I purchase with this site? This was not a very detailed or helpful response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@coraf1999  sometimes you'll get the prompt again to purchase via Fitbit. If you don't, then go directly to squaretrade.com and purchase the warranty thru them. There is a number to call to talk to someone and you'll need proof of purchase. If you don't get the prompt from Fitbit, your only option would be Square Trade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost my proof of purchase and cannot go about it this way. I cannot find the records of my online purchase since it was bought for me and they no longer use the email they purchased it with. I am struggling and just want to get a darn warranty on this. Is there any other way? This is frustrating 😞

Best Answer

The Fitbit comes with a one year (US) or two year (Some European countries) warranty, @coraf1999 . Without proof of purchase, Square Trade won't let you purchase a warranty. As for Fitbit, you must get the prompt from them to get to the link to purchase the extended warranty from them. There is no other way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Is there a way to get the message to pop up again? I just bought a Versa 2 and haven’t even worn it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to "re-setup" the watch to make it appear again, but I think it ends
up bringing you the same squaretrade protection plan anyways that everyone
else provided links for.
Best Answer

I don't believe there is a way to make it pop up again. The members who have mentioned it said that it popped up when they set the Fitbit up to their account. If it's been too long since the purchase, you might not get any pop up. Warranty can only be purchased within so many days of buying the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go back and +add your Fitbit again in the set up mode, the offer will show again (at least within the first 30 days of purchase, which is when I did it).

Best Answer

Yess, thank you! Exactly what I needed to get the protection plan in time. Kudos!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to purchase the protection plan but I don't see a way in the app once it notifies me. 

I saw your reply after I had replied to an older post. That worked!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

Let me share with you that you can also remove your device, and when you go to set up the device again (first 30 days) it will offer you the protection plan again. Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer

So...I just wait and hope the offer shows up in my app?  There isn't some way to order it through the website within 30 days of the initial purchase?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Shaleina  if you don't want to wait, you can purchase it here - click or via Amazon. 

Best Answer

I got the notice in my app and when I tried to purchase it, I was led on an infuriating cycle of entering my credit card...paying with google pay...entering my credit card...etc, and NOTHING worked.  I followed the instructions, spend nearly 10 minutes on it, and nothing worked.  When I went into the app again, the option was (of course) gone.    I need an option to purchase it on my computer with my account, because clearly the app has issues and won't actually let me buy the plan through it.  Where is that option?  Please share that, because the app is not capable of taking a payment and I shouldn't be penalized because the app is having issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Shaleina. Thank you for sharing your protection plan inquiry and for describing the steps you have followed and what happened with your tries.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. Our team will tell you the steps you have to follow.

Thank you for your assistance and for the heads up @Odyssey13.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer