Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record Yoga and Pilates on Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I record yoga and pilates on my charge 2, I am new to this. 

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ellyp65. It's great to have you here. You can press the side button of your Fitbit Charge 2 to reach the Shortcut Exercises section. When you are there, tap the screen of your tracker to switch between the different options. If Yoga or Pilates are not there please go to the online Dashboard > Settings > Devices. Scroll down until you see Edit Exercise Shortcuts. Once you've added the new exercises force sync by following @WendyB's instructions.

activities.jpg

Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ellyp65. It's great to have you here. You can press the side button of your Fitbit Charge 2 to reach the Shortcut Exercises section. When you are there, tap the screen of your tracker to switch between the different options. If Yoga or Pilates are not there please go to the online Dashboard > Settings > Devices. Scroll down until you see Edit Exercise Shortcuts. Once you've added the new exercises force sync by following @WendyB's instructions.

activities.jpg

Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
Thanks so much for that.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to have been of help @ellyp65.

On another note, you are welcome to participate in the Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll find interesting topics to discuss out there.

Nice work! Now, let's get back to stepping. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no Edit Exercise shortcuts on this app just preset exercises. 

Best Answer

I was able to customize my activities with Run, Walk, Hike, Treadmill, and Pilates.  Now those are the only ones that I scroll through on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That message was of no use to me at all. I don't care that you were able to customise your exercises. I am not able to do that because it does not offer me an option to edit exercise shortcuts.
Best Answer

Go to fitbit.com, not the app. Log in to the online dashboard and from there you follow the above instructions and easily customize your fitbit settings.  Good luck!

Best Answer

@Tgawin @sueincinci It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community. You can edit the Shortcut Exercises from the app too. Please go to the Dashboard and tap your tracker, scroll down until you see Exercise Shortcuts. You will be able to select 7 shortcuts at maximum. If you have selected all of them already please swipe left on any shortcut to remove and have space for a new one. To add a shortcut just tap the + sign on the right side corner.

Screenshot_2017-01-29-14-15-31.png

On another note, I would appreciate if you keep the Community courteous. Everyone here is free to share their problems and ask for help. Here is a link for the Fitbit Community Guidelines.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I have done what you suggested on my PC computer app which runs Windows 10. I finally worked out where to find the exercise shortcuts.
(it is so complicated it is unbelievable!!)
You did not say that you have go into Dashboard then Account, then Charge 2 section on the left, scroll down the options to exercise shortcut.!! The choices of exercises are ridiculous. Who uses Elliptical, Kick Boxing, and Martial Arts? Isn’t a stair climber a Gym exercise machine?
Where are the most popular UK exercises like swimming,  football, squash, netball, table tennis, athletics, rowing,
I have spent weeks trying to get this Charge 2 set up.
Its a good job that my Charge 2 was a present, because I would have returned it by now if I had spent money on it. I will be not recommending it and will pass on my opinions to others who might be interested.
I just want to record my daily exercise simply and use the app to assess how I am doing.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Hi, I've spent ages today trying to add Pilates. This last post actually provided the answer.

I think it would be helpful if these instructions were included in the Charge2 manual (at the moment the manual just directs people to the website. Which itself doesn't give clear instrctions just talking about tracker tiles). I've only just got a Fitbit so am new to the terminology but I expected the manual and website to have clearer instructions. Particularly as users had asked this question in the community forum. Thank you.

Best Answer

@Pilates_ the instrictions in the solution above are nocely spelled out.

As for the manual i don't see much, but in help i see that this doc on multisport is listed on the first page of your trackers help site. Through this doc there is a link to customizing the multisport menu

All of this i easily found through a search of the help docs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have the dashboard on my phone but can't see 'settings' or 'device'. Can you help please? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, at bottom right of Fitbit dashboard, click on Account.

Then under the Devices heading, click on the words Charge 2.

Scroll down under General. Exercise shortcuts is the last entry.

You can remove/add other exercises by swiping existing entries to the left.

Best Answer

Duplicate

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ellyp65 Since there is an american version and a foreign version. If your having problems following @Pilates_ answer

just tap on the icon of your tracker found on the dashboard. This works on all versions of the dashboard. This will take you directly to your Charge 2 settings.

The rest is the same.

BTW if settings is not found in the bottom right, it will be found in the top right

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a similar problem and thank you for your post which has been more useful to me than previous advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread is about a year long, but I hope someone is still reading it and can help.  I have set my Charge 2 so that it lists Marial Arts.  But when actually doing tae kwon do, how to I set the Charge 2 so that it "knows" what I am doing and can track it?

Best Answer
0 Votes