Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart your Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone tried to restart the Fitbit charge 2 with the latest charger? I’ve looked on the website about how to restart but with the new charger this is impossible to keep the button held down and unplug the charger? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You don't need to keep pushing the button after the Fitbit logo appears on the screen and the tracker vibrates.  It is then that you unplug the charger. HERE are Restart instructions.

Best Answer

Thank you I will try, how did you manage to get your thumbnail out with the
whole for the button only being small?

Best Answer

@Laurenwalker Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Not sure what you mean with "is impossible to keep the button held down and unplug the charger". Like @SunsetRunner said you just need to wait until you see the Fitbit logo then you can let go of the button. You don't need to unplug the tracker immediately you could even just let it plugged in and the restart will still occur. Try these instructions:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

This video might also help you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Laurenwalker. If you are having a hard time pressing the button, you can use a ruler (or a steak knife lol).

Best Answer
0 Votes