Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see your active calories burnt for the day ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My question:

How can we see a total of just our active( exercise) calories for the whole day ? Is there a way to see just my burnt cals from exercise ? I have to go into each logged activity and add up manually to see how many cals have u burnt during exercise. Which is a tedious task. Some help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @atmansheth,

I think that's the only way, if you need to know only calories from exercise. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone will correct that.

If you go into the app and click the heart icon, you can view the heat rate data for the day. On that screen, it will tell you how many calories your burned for that day, by heart rate zone. So that will tell you how many calories you burned from cardio, but it wouldn't know if it was from elliptical or raking leaves, if that makes sense.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Another way, though still not simple, is to look at your calories burned graph for a time when you were not wearing device, to get the number Fitbit uses for your BMR per hour. Then  multiply that by hours so far for the day, and subtract that from total calories burned.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helps to a certain extent, but I wish fitbit could include this one simple feature which could give us all the active cals separate from our BMR. 

Thanks for your help though.

Best Answer

I think it's a good idea also.

@atmansheth, consider proposing it on this section of the site that Fitbit monitors:

Feature Suggestions

Dave | California

Best Answer

And also, if you go into the HR graph it only shows me the time duration during that HR zone. Still no place for total cals burnt.

Best Answer

In the android app, above the time breakdowns for each zone is Exercise Zones, which is the total time and calories of all of those. I understand it's still not what you're seeking.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it's needfull

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been just starting the tracking for the treadmill option before I get out of bed and it will calculate just your active calories if you let it run continuously throughout the day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tpich wrote:

I have been just starting the tracking for the treadmill option before I get out of bed and it will calculate just your active calories if you let it run continuously throughout the day!

But that is including your BMR calories during the day too.  Your base BMR calorie burn is going on all day also, as well as when in bed.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you’re tracking a single exercise you are able to start it and stop
it. It only calculates the calories you burn from that exercise, it doesn’t
include the BMR. I’m aware that the BMR is in the total. I’m currently
tracking my day with the treadmill option and my “active” calories so far
are 500 and my total (with BMR) is 983.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tpich  Did you check your calories burned just before you got out of bed and started the treadmill activity?  I think you would have to know that to be sure the 500 calories are not including MBR.

I just tried a mini-test, started treadmill exercise, sat quietly for 5 minutes, then ended it. The exercise summary said I burned 8 calories in those 5 minutes. Looking at my overnight data, I burn 7-8 calories in 5 minutes asleep in BMR.  That makes me thing those 8 calories I just burned in "treadmill" were actually my BMR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an older thread but it popped up when I googled a question! I have a Versa 3 and use the Fitbit app to view most stats instead of my watch. ( I find it easier to view on the larger screen) Another user had mentioned it but sure if the view is updated in the app since then. If you click your heart rate in the app, then click the graph for the day it will show you Exercise Zones with the minutes and calories burned from exercise. I believe this would be your total Active Calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can download a watch face for that. Hope that helps

Best Answer