Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer a device to another person

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have had my fit bit charge for a yr and just bought the new Blaze, and I would like to give the Charge to my son with his info how do I do this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Your son needs to set up a new account (with his own email). He then adds your Charge as a new device and it will delete any data left on it and reassign it to his account. Your data will not be affected.

Best Answer

Hi ,

i want to give my old charge2 to my bf. I have received a replacement unit which I’m using now. I set up new account on his phone but it doesn’t recognise the device when searching for it? I have unlinked it from my Bluetooth. Any ideas?

Best Answer

@Magdiewagdie is his phone supported by fitbit? The list is at www.fitbit.com/devices 

Best Answer

Do I have to delete my Alta from my phone before giving it to a family member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rosheldo to avoid potential issues I would remove it from your account in the fitbit app but also "forget" any link to the fitbit in your phone's bluetooth settings as this could block connection to their phone.

Best Answer

Hi- I am trying to do the same thing.  I created a new account for my son (age 11), but when I select ‘Setup a new Device’ the only options it gives me are Ace and Ace 2...but I want to connect his account to my old Charge 2. 

how can I connect his account to my old device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

is Alta the only type of device that will work with a ‘family member’ account for minors?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ColoradoCool A child account only works with the Ace and Ace 2 trackers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it was important to “forget” the device on the old phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes