Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

@WavyDavey,

Thanks for the reply. I finally disconnected the Surge from my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The feature suggesrion forum ia found  near the bottom of the list under the forums for the different apps. And trackers.

Rember to do a search, if you thought of it, somebody else might of. Then you would want to add your vote and comment there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USAF-Larry

Yes it is stupid, especially for those of us that often ride a 4-wheelers and motorcycles which log steps. I know they have Drivebit, but why should I need a 3rd party app to take away steps when I could just turn off the Fitbit while riding.  Fitbit could at least incorporate something similar to Drivebit in the Fitbit app.  I agree with BobM2.  

Best Answer

Exactly.  While riding my motorcycle for less than half an hour last week, the Fitbit credited me with something like 18 floors, while I was sitting down the entire time.  Stupid.  But Fitbit seems to only listen to itself, not its customers. If they don't have a need for something, then no one has a need for it.

Best Answer

It's not waterproof so I took it off when I went swimming. When I put it back on it thought I had been sleeping for 1.5 hours. So an off switch would be nice. 

Best Answer

I just want mine off since the green light bothers me at night and I don't like to sleep with it. We need the option to turn it off period.

Best Answer

@Azilenyc, if you go into the settings for the tracker at fitbit.com, under Heart Rate, you can switch to OFF.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@igky wrote:

It's not waterproof so I took it off when I went swimming. When I put it back on it thought I had been sleeping for 1.5 hours. So an off switch would be nice. 

The Charge 2 is programmed to auto track sleeping, so if it isn't moved for more than an hour, it thinks you're asleep. While I get it's an obnoxious extra step, it's still really easy to delete unwanted sleep logs.

What's not easy (in fact, I think it's impossible) is to delete extra steps from bumpy vehicles and flights of stairs recorded that never happened (I fly out of state a lot and one trip it recorded me as having climbed 18 flights of stairs). So, for something like that, I think the ability to turn off my Charge 2 would be nice. Or revamp the app so I can manually modify steps and stairs if I need to.

Best Answer

Hi, @NyxGoldstone, you can delete extra steps and floors by logging driving.  If y u follow the instructions carefully it will work.  The main pitfalls seem to be when people accidentally create a custom activity of driving instead of searching for, and finding, the built in database driving activity.  Also the log must cover the exact time and date when the driving steps occurred.

I agree that this is somewhat cumbersome.  Another problem is that it gives you exercise credit for driving, which seems crazy to me...

Another solution to driving steps for Android and iOS users is a free app called DriveBit, which will log driving for you automatically.  It also has the downside that is creates an activity log, and it requires internet connection to work.

You might want to add your vote or comments to this popular feature request to add a driving mode to the Fitbit itself.  That would work for any time you would like to put your Fitbit on standby so it didn't count steps or floors...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Azilenycyou can also turn HR off from your Charge 2 settings in the app. 

Either way make sure you sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless, of course, you're somewhere without a data connection. Then you CAN'T sync, even though you're still connected to the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I'd like to know how to either turn off the Charge2 or store it for a longer time.  I'll be out of the country for a while and won't have access to a computer/phone.  Given that this is a water vacation and the devices aren't waterproof, I'm leaving it home.  So, what do I do?   Leave it discharge?

thanks

Best Answer

@DaveFL, it is not possible to turn off the Charge 2.  I would recommend turning off the Heart Rate function and then syncing and leaving it somewhere away from vibrations.  Depending on how long your vacation is, it is likely that the battery will be dead on your return.  This is not ideal, but deep discharges will not harm your battery as long as they don't happen too often.

Edited to add:  Have a lovely holiday!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I tried it as recommended by another post and is good enough for me. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Julia,  That's what I'll do.  That should be ok for this trip.  My next one is a month long.  So I'll take it with me.

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just as a late reply...

Deep discharges of any Lithium battery is very bad for them, regular dropping below 40% destroys them much faster as does charging to 100%.  Keeping between 40 - 95% is best for Lithium batteries.

Of course manufacturers wont tell you this as all they want is for their product to last it's warranty period.  And they need you to charge to 100% and discharge fully so it appears the product can last for days without needing recharged - not good at all.  Do some reading online for the truth, but avoid product manufacturer websites...

But leaving any battery to discharge completely definately destroys them and should be charged immediately if they go that flat.  Leaving discharged while on a holiday is is asking for trouble, you may not notice today, but it's lifespan will be drastically reduced.

Best Answer

Hi your correct,  deep discharges are bad for a LI battery, or any battery for that matter.  But I wanted to share the results of my travel.  Since I was going to be in a location where using it was not going to work.  

I turned off HR monitoring,  Turned off notifications.  I then fully charged it and put it in a drawer.  8 days later when I got back it was still at 85% charge!  So it worked perfectly.  

thanks for the thoughts though.

regards

Best Answer

It is stupid indeed as I like turning it off when driving for long. Otherwise it adds up hundreds and even thousands of steps...

Best Answer

@Virag wrote:

It is stupid indeed as I like turning it off when driving for long. Otherwise it adds up hundreds and even thousands of steps...

Check out the app DriveBit in the Play store. You tap the widget when you start driving, then again when you stop, and it will go back and delete all the data it "captured" while you were driving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im a bus driver and drive for 5 hours solid. When I get off the bus according to fitbit I've climbed 75 flights of stairs and walked 10.0000 steps! That's why I would like to turn it off so I can accurately count my real steps.

Waste of money.

Best Answer