Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

I'll give that a try 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blondiiieee wrote:

Im a bus driver and drive for 5 hours solid. When I get off the bus according to fitbit I've climbed 75 flights of stairs and walked 10.0000 steps! That's why I would like to turn it off so I can accurately count my real steps.

Waste of money.

See recommendation for DriveBit app, in the post above yours. Yes, it would be nice to be able to turn it off, but this is a functional work-around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I turn my Fitbit off to save on the battery?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Coops43, the Charge 2 cannot be turned off.  Battery life can be improved by turning off features you do not need or want to use, such a Quick View, All-Day Sync, Notifications, etc., but you cannot turn off the tracker.

Best Answer

@Blondiiieee

@Blondiiieee wrote:

Im a bus driver and drive for 5 hours solid. When I get off the bus according to fitbit I've climbed 75 flights of stairs and walked 10.0000 steps! That's why I would like to turn it off so I can accurately count my real steps.

Waste of money.

You could put the Charge 2 in your pocket and wear a different watch to see the time. That's what I do when I cut the lawn or push a shopping cart. It will still calculate the calories close enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded drive bit and that seems to work. Not practical though as you have to remember to press start on the drive bit b4 u start driving. 

Still 3 issues though...

1...The fitbit watch still shows the wrong steps, drivebit only edits the steps on the dashboard NOT the watch.

2...It's stupid you have to have another app to make a fitbit work correctly

3...i do weight watchers and because that is sync with the fitbit watch and not the fitbit dash board  (which now shows the correct steps thanks to drivebit) now the weight watchers app has the wrong info! It shows I do more exercise than I actually have.

My fitbit watch is now in my draw and I have downloaded a free app that tracks my steps ACCURATELY. 

Do not buy a fitbit if you drive a lot like me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Putting the fitbit in my bag or pocket still counts the steps! I've tried everything! Who ever designed it wasn't thinking of bus drivers lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still counts steps even when its in my bag, in my shirt pocket or tied around my bra strap! 

Because the bus is bouncy it just counts every movement as a step. It needs an off button 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I replied twice. I lost connection n wasn't sure my first post sent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blondiiieee just for clarification Weight Watchers syncs your WW account with youe Fitbit account on the Fitbit server. It does not sync with your app or dashboard. The app and dashboard get their data from the same server tya5 WW syncs with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How 

@BobM2 wrote:

@Blondiiieee wrote:

Waste of money.

See recommendation for DriveBit app, in the post above yours. Yes, it would be nice to be able to turn it off, but this is a functional work-around.

How do you do this if you don't have an Android device (I'm anti-iOS, all of our phones are Win, still, until it's completely out of service) that's compatible?

I have an old (Android) tablet, but the app wouldn't install, said it was incompatible.

How do you do the DriveBit on a PC, or similarly remove all the non-steps that seem to accumulate when I ride my motorcycle?

Do I have to try and set up a VM, in order to do this?  This is pretty frustrating, as a new (1 month or so) user, I'm almost ready to return for something with more "customization".

TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless you are trying to ship it and want to turn it off to save battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I think DriveBit is an Android only app.  I don't know if there's any way to run Android apps on a Windows PC or Windows phone. Sorry.  You could try searching Google to see if there's a Windows app that will let you create a driving session on the FitBit.

How do you do the DriveBit on a PC, or similarly remove all the non-steps that seem to accumulate when I ride my motorcycle?

Do I have to try and set up a VM, in order to do this?  This is pretty frustrating, as a new (1 month or so) user, I'm almost ready to return for something with more "customization".

TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks babe I really appreciate that. Mine quit thinking and it made me nervous I thought I had lost my FitBit charger too and I was upset. After resetting it it did a sink and I'm back in the green have a good day

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forums @Aloha_totoro

You can't turn off the Charge 2, but you can do a restart of the device, which is similar to rebooting a computer or cell phone.

How do I reboot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems pretty silly not to be able to turn it off. Am on day 5 with the charge 2, and the more I try to use it, the more I am disappointed. I have to log into my .com account to set it for when I am driving so it doesn't count floors climbed. Turning it off while I drive would be waayyy more efficient than spending a couple minutes 'estimating' my travel time. Simple to have an on/off feature in my mind. 

Best Answer

The green light lights up the whole room! I don't wear mine at night, not a serious stepper   So just use on and off, had I known it couldn't be turned off I wouldn't have bought it, not entirely convinced with the step count as my count and that don't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Green lights @Squirt11 are part of the Heart Rate function. Through the Charge 2 settings you have tye option for off-on-auto

Off is always off

On is always on

Auto means the lights are only on when a heart rate is detected,  and will turn off a few seconds after removing the tracker from the arm.

Best Answer
Thanks so much for this

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I want to ship Charge 2 cross country to a friend. I don't want the battery to be totally dead when it arrives. The motion of the trucks and planes will keep the green light wrist detectors popping on thus draining the battery. There ought to be a way to shut it down.

Best Answer
0 Votes