Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

Just want to turn it off while I drive my bus. You make no sense. Just put a button so I can turn the **ahem** thing OFF

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to turn it off while I drive my bus. You make no sense. I.dont want to scroll down and press left then up then star and hash

..Just put a button so I can turn the **ahem** thing OFF I

Best Answer

Thank you, my fitbit died and wouldnt charge, i hadn't  thought about doing reset until I saw this, now working fine 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, but if i forget the charger and i want to wear another watch so i can use my charge 2 when i need it ?? I need the possibility to turn it off and back on as I want it . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J4_Eak as mentioned above there is no off switch. 

Setting heart rate to auto or off, turning off all day sync, always connected, fit it. Pepsi Atkins will drastically extend the battery. 

Best Answer

I would say you could place it around the packaging it came in, specifically around the island it was around. When I did this it seemed to turn off, although there was a blink a bit after, it went off again though. Afterwhich no blinking happened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!

Best Answer

Putting it back in the original packaging does not turn it off.  There is nothing in the box that would cause that to happen.  I just tore mine apart to check to see if there were any magnets or metal or anything that might cause it to happen.  I also updated 2 new Charge 2s for my wife and son and put them back in the original boxes and can confirm there were not off, the green light was flashing like normal looking for a heartbeat.  You cannot turn it off unless Fitbit comes out with a firmware update that will change the functionality.

Best Answer

Yep, what Mike said is spot-on, only a new firmware(and subsequent OS updates) push will fix this, unless (a VERY big "unless") there's a hidden mode, to turn it all the way off (say pushing the button a given sequence, or similar).

They could even do this so the App could turn it off, and then the charging cord could re-enable, it's a somewhat common method for other sports watches.

Without this, having an older Fitbit around is all but useless, unless you're remembering to charge it every week or two, not exactly "user friendly"...

I think Fitbit has pretty good UI in general, and I'm fairly picky about this type of design (I've done a fair amount, and surrounding architecture of systems), their app is simple, yet contains a lot of functionality.  It does all of this, without making the "simpler" parts of the interface very easy to understand, something that not too many replicate (typically it's dead-simple, or complex, or a bad mix, finding balance is tricky with such a wide audience).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to turn off the charger 2, as it counts steps and stairs from the vibration of the truck,  it's not compatible and am returning it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to turn it off, as the vibration from my truck is causing steps and stairs to be counted. It's not ture to performance.  167 flight of stairs in an hr? I don't think so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am all into the Fitbit devices. I also have the Aria 2 scale. I have started logging all of my food and it helps my calorie intake. That is until I get on my Harley Davidson. I can ride 20 miles and get credited for 5,000 steps. Which was okay until I started tracking calories burned and intake. I would like to shut it off while I am on the motorcycle so it doesn't mess up my numbers. 

Best Answer

Yeah, the same thing happens on my motorcycle Not only step, but it credits me for a whole bunch of floors. Last week I did some 4x4 off roading for the first time. Over the course of about 4 hours it credited my with more than 12,000 steps and more than 75 floors. Ludicrous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just stupid why you can’t not turn it off

Best Answer
I tried that and it still counts. I attached the charger then plugged in a
USB power pack and it still added steps. I am at a loss?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting an allergic reaction from my FitBit, so I can not wear it for a few weeks. It's logical to turn it off for that period, isn't it?  To save the battery at least. I don't want to look to the Fitbit for that period.

I consider the lack of an option to turn is off a serious engineering error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its that way because it is. Its meant to always be on. 

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I think we all understand that's what Fitibit intended. But it's a stupid design. There are many reasons people might want to turn it off for a period of time. Just because you don't want to turn it off doesn't mean no one else does.

Best Answer

It may be a "serious engineering error" or a "a stupid design", or it could be simply a fitness tracker design decision.  But, it is what it is.

Best Answer

Only way to turn it off is to run down the battery

Best Answer
0 Votes