Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

Hello and welcome to the forums @Jolong57 

This article will tell you how to restart your Fitbit - click to go there

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
  • Actually, it is stupid that it can’t be turned off. Certain activities produce wildly inaccurate  stats. It’d be helpful if I could turn it off. 

For example, I ride a motorcycle to work. The bike ride gives me 50-60 flights of stairs even though I obviously did not climb any stairs while riding. I’ve tried taking the Fitbit off and putting it back on once I get to work, but it still gives me false stats. 

Best Answer

Hi @Choffner 

You might want to post this in the Feature Suggestions forum area - click to go there

I searched and saw at least two similar suggestions, including one for motorcycle riders, which isn't being planned on implementation at this time.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Best Answer

Except it keeps registering my motorcycle riding time as exercise activity, even when not worn... so being able to turn it off or at least pause tracking would be very beneficial; not being able to may be referred to as "stupid".

Best Answer

Dupe post

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner did you add your vote?

When asking for hellp from the community of Fitbit users,  we as Fitbit users can only suggest what have been found to be helpful for us or other users and/or advise where to vote to let the developers know of your thoughts. 

If your not wearing the tracker and it is at home,  it should not be teaching your motorcycle riding. 

If it is in your pocket or in a pouch,  you essentially are wearing it. 

Best Answer

"If it is in your pocket or in a pouch,  you essentially are wearing it."

...and there-in lies the problem with it's design.  When I'm riding, it's in a saddle bag and not even on my person.  It should have an "off" button or simple setting to pause/disable tracking.

Please clarify how to "af" my vote.  I'd be glad to do it.  Otherwise my vote will be to return the FB and source another non-FB alternative.

Best Answer
Facebook has consistently demonstrated they have zero interest in implementing this capability. If it's important to you, return the Fitbit now.
Best Answer

Scroll up I have a link to the suggestion above

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course, that suggestion has been there since 2014, with no action.....
That says all we need to know about Fitbit's commitment to implementing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has never said that every suggestion will be implemented

Im wondering,  if it gets implemented,  and people use it,  how many will turn the mode off when getting out off the car.

Personally after a few days I bet it won't be used anymore. 

Having the Fitbit app detect driving and marking the time as such would be a great way to do this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, fitibit never said every request would be. But to post a link to this antique thread as if voting for it means something is disingenuous at best. By posting that link, you implied that it meant something. It doesn't. It would be far more honest to lock that thread, and tell people Fitbit has no intention of ever implementing that feature than to pretend it's under consideration after FIVE years of being ignored.
Best Answer

@Sandishmily water resistant to 50 meters is the standard for shallow water swimming.  Not good for snorkeling, this is tested by lowering the pressure slowly and in completely still water.

Please note that I used the term Water Resistant since early 1960's it has been illegal to call even a wind up watch waterproof and more a work wide standard since at some depth it will fail. 

While this thread has received a lot of bickering lately,  really has not been many new votes.

Best Answer

“While this thread has received a lot of bickering lately, really has not been many new votes.”

As someone one who has been a product team leader for a manufacturer, and who has helped monitor and moderate forum topics related to that product I have something to say about this part of the topic, and hopefully it will end the need for further discussion on voting. . 

It’s almost entirely irrelevant except to the people who write the posts. 

This is actually true of almost all “community” or social media systems whether it is Facebook or a forum such as this. 

While I am not a FitBit representative, here is how I’ve seen these things work in the past from a service provider standpoint. 

Voting is something almost entirely internal to a posting system. While it can  be very helpful to the users of a forum, it is rarely important to the people who run it. Usually it’s only looked at in cases of large amounts of negative votes when making a decision about numerous complaints against an individual user. 

I’m not saying voting isn’t important in some ways or not to use it at all, only that it isn’t always noticed that much to product development. By all means, if you find an answer to your question in a posting then vote “yes” to let others know what worked for you. That’s what it’s there for, to help everyone out who is reading for information they need, and a great way to let someone know you were helped by what you saw. It can also easily help separate user solutions from just user discussions. 

Manufacturers look at “activity” about a subject to determine what’s important to the users of a product. This means that the more people talk about something the more important it will seem. Also the more often a similar thread is created after one is locked, the more it will seem that a problem still continues to be an issue. 

They also look for possible solutions they may not have found for problems that are reported or considered important. Not always, but sometimes. So a forum becomes more than just a way to report bugs and see what’s on people’s minds. 

Lastly they look for market research to show what interests people have and what features might go into newer products. If there is a lot of discussion about problems with swimming or golfing then they might tailor a product to those activities, perhaps being more water resistant, or showing GPS elevation info. 

In the end though, voting is again mostly only important to the users of a forum. While it can show a better solution versus a less helpful one, it also makes people feel their voices were helpful to others. In some forums it can also help bump a users “member level” up, like getting experience points in a game. It just doesn’t usually change a product at all. 

More likes rarely means means someone is better or more important. 

If it was really that important, don’t you think someone would take the time to write and actually say how interesting it was?

Just somethng to consider. 

Thanks for reading this rant rant and I hope you have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We currently are in the Fitbit community,  with no guarantee that the developers are watching. That it's why the suggestion board has been setup,  and yes over the years I've seen many of these suggestions implemented,  unfortunately with several getting immediate complaints from the user.

IE: a few people want the display to turn on when a notification comes in. This is suggested for the Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire, Blaze, Ionic, and Versa. This feature was released with the last Versa update, 3 days later we have a suggestion to be able to turn this unwanted feature off in that it really shortens the battery life

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I'm here to provide assistance. Welcome to our Community Forums @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to see you again participating in our forums @Rich_Laue @BobM2 and @ATektoo. My apologies for the delay in responding.   

@SunsetRunner @BobM2 @ATektoo  I'd like to suggest this specific post for more information and details about how our Feature Suggestion board works. Please note that Fitbit is always striving to improve our products and services, therefore, the information that is submitted by our customers, users, Community Forums and the Feature Suggestion board is always appreciated. 

@Rich_Laue Your willingness to respond the inquiries of our users are always appreciated, thanks for your continued support.

I'll be here if you need anything else. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

How do you use 1 fitbit device on exercise mode (that uses battery up fast) and then start counting steps or exercise mode on another fitbit device, without double counting for any of the duration???

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have 2 devices to your Fitbit account. You take one tracker off the arm and out the other tracker on. 

Now if your wearing two trackers, Fitbits logic is designed to get a true step count for the period

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

If you have 2 devices to your Fitbit account. You take one tracker off the arm and out the other tracker on. 

Now if your wearing two trackers, Fitbits logic is designed to get a true step count for the period

@Rich_Laue 

I'm really curious about this, even though I'm (no longer, or not right now anyway) not using a FB device at this time.

I was NEVER able to resolve this, for things like a 4 hour road-ride (cycling), I'd "stack up" tens-of-thousands of steps, and could never figure out how to not have my FB devices do this, across an old Charge(1), Charge 2, or an Ionic (this last device was so poor, IME, that it made me move to another OEM/system/for now...).  

I literally would have say 35,000 steps, for a 4 hour road-ride, yeah...

How do you tell it to not count steps, for these activities, be it with one, or two, whatever, FB devices being worn?

Best Answer
0 Votes