Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @Aloha_totoro

You can't turn off the Charge 2, but you can do a restart of the device, which is similar to rebooting a computer or cell phone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

Hello and welcome to the forums @Aloha_totoro

You can't turn off the Charge 2, but you can do a restart of the device, which is similar to rebooting a computer or cell phone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
How ?

Thanks,
Kristy
Best Answer

The restart instructions can be found here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer

Thx, Steve.  And don't forget to click on Charge2 off of that link!! It took me a minute to figure it out....

Best Answer
How do you do that
Best Answer

@Clarey12  Are you asking how to restart the Charge 2?  If so, here is how:

Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Hi I am having to return my charge 2 to catalouge is there no way of turning it off? Tia

Best Answer

If you can't turn off the Charge 2, how do you link it to the same account as a Surge and not have things get messed up?

Best Answer

According to the How To and Help stuff, the app will sync from the closest device. So as long as you're not wearing both at the same time, you should be fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GershonSurge I'm not sure if I understand your question? If you turned off the Charge2 it would be off and you would not be able to link it to any account

As for your fitbit account, you can link up to 1 of each tracker, so in theory you can have 10 tracker a linked to your account. 

Correct @cam7422 as @Odyssey13 stated

Best Answer

How do you restart the devise please ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

here are the restart instructions:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer
0 Votes

No way to turn it off?  How stupid can FitBit be? Just plain arrogant.

Best Answer

@BobM2, it is designed to be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so there is no reason to design it to be turned off. Not too stupid.

Best Answer

Currently the Blaze and Surge can be turned off from their Settings Screen.

The Fitbit One, Charge, and Charge HR can also be turned off, but it is a multistep process. The Zip is fairly easy to turn o

If your interestd in this feature, i suggest adding your vote to the request.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Powering-Off-Charge-2/idi-p/1798055

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@BobM2, it is designed to be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so there is no reason to design it to be turned off. Not too stupid.

@USAF-Larry,

The reason I'd like to be able to turn off the Surge is the steps from one day sometimes carry over into the next. I suspect this happens when the Surge and Charge 2 sync near midnight.

The other reason, I'd like to be able to turn off either the Surge or Charge 2 is for long road walks while using GPS. I'd like to conserve the battery on one while using the other. 

I suppose I could work around these by removing the dongle at night or turning off the computer. I could unpair one of them from the phone. 

Best Answer
Unless you need to leave it off for a week, or longer, for some specific reason. Then it's sitting around eating up battery for no reason at all. If you never turn your off, having the option won't hurt anything. But for those who don't wear it 24x7, having the option would be very useful.  Other models of the fitbit can be turned off - so should the Charge 2.
Best Answer

Nope. Not waterproof. 24/7 is a no go.

Best Answer

@GershonSurge, there's no need to go to that trouble to conserve battery life. Even with 24/7 heart rate tracking, it'll last almost a week. If it's just sitting on a nightstand, it would probably last even longer. You could turn off heart rate monitoring on the tracker if it's an extended break from use. But even under heavy use the battery life is very good.

If your concerned about steps carrying over, the easiest thing would be to disabled the always connected feature and just sync manually. The point is to address it at the app level, instead of trying to turn off the tracker?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer