Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off green blinking light on my Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve turned off heart rate monitor tracking. However, the green blinking light behind the watch face still comes on periodically (which I find annoying when trying to sleep). Does anyone know how to turn the green blinking light off?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure the answer, but with my AltaHR I wear a "sweat band" over it at night, though it really is just a 3" piece of sock (the tube part) to keep it covered and dark, and it doesn't seem to mess with my sleep reading.  So until you find out the answer, you might give that a try.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Not sure the answer, but with my AltaHR I wear a "sweat band" over it at night, though it really is just a 3" piece of sock (the tube part) to keep it covered and dark, and it doesn't seem to mess with my sleep reading.  So until you find out the answer, you might give that a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I guess I have to resort to that for now! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Calimer0 @AnnetteWright, it's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm happy to answer your question about how to turn off the green lights on the back of the Fitbit Charge 3. Having the green lights on the back illuminating all the time is a normal behavior that was implemented on the new Fitbit products. Turning off this feature allows you to stop recording your heart rate but the lights will continue illuminating. 

For more information about how heart rate works, please visit this article

If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

does the green light continue scanning my body?  I feel a tingle on my hand and it's probably the Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel tingling/pins and needles in my hand and arm so I’ve taken the Fitbit off. Just got it so very disappointed that it seems to be more of a danger than an ally. 

Any suggestions? Is there no way to turn off these intruding green LED’s?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sooooo many issues with the Charge that I sometimes wonder how it made it though product testing. This is another one. There should be a way to turn off the lights, so that it can be kept visible in the bedroom, where most of us would prefer to take it off at night and put it on in the morning. When it's covered it, or put in a jewelry or other box, it's easily forgotten. Hoping you will make this change on the next iteration. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with so many other on here about the intrusive green LEDs that can't be turned off even when heart monitoring is disabled.   That's a software fix and should easily be implemented.  I recently upgraded from a Charge 2, and with HR monitoring off, I noticed a slight stinging on my wrist just under the tracker, not to mention the annoying lights, the first night I had it.    I had no idea this was not an option before purchasing, or I would have found another brand.   This needs to be fixed soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so I been searching this and looks to be an issue for years lol. But I found the answer, on inspire 2 hold both sides you’ll see the menu with water lock . Scroll  down to on wrist  > enable by clicking check. It will turn off green light. Do same process and click check mark to turn back on. 

Best Answer