Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade from Charge 2 to Charge 3 without losing previous data?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently bought the charge 3 to replace my charge 2, nothing wrong with the 2 I just wanted it for being waterproof, do I get to keep all my current progress' so far or will I lose it all and is it easy to swap over from my 2 to the 3 without any glitches, what start up problems am I expected to have? (after reading some other forums) TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The app design has changed since the earlier posts in this thread. From the main dashboard in the app, select your profile image at the top left of the screen and you will be in the account section where you'll see the option to set up a device

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

You can keep all your data, badges, settings etc when you swap.

Just go to the account section of the app (the icon looks like an ID card) and select "set up a device". Choose the Charge 3 and follow the prompts. It will add the new fitbit to your account. I've not had any issues adding fitbits in the past.

You will then have both the Charge 2 and Charge 3 connected to your account and you can keep them both if you like and swap between them when you want. Or, if you want, you can remove the Charge 2 by selecting it in the same part of the app and you will an option to remove it. All your data, settings etc will not be affected if you do remove it.

Best Answer
Thanks for your help, much appreciated, all sorted now, thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Lisa2505Smiley Very Happy I'm happy to have you here! 

I’ve noticed that my friend @SteveH just offered you a good response in order to solve the questions and doubts with your post. So, I made his post as the solution for your previous post. Highlighting the solution may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else we can do for you, please keep us posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have a new fitbit 3.  I also have the 2 that currently works.  When I follow the instructions to add the4 fitbit 3, I enter the model ie fitbit 3, and the screen goes back to "ID card" section!?  Tried many times with no result to continue on....

What am I doing wrong?  The new fitbit 3 is fully charged..

Best Answer

I uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone, then reinstalled it and was able to add the charge 3 and retain my charge 2.

Best Answer

Never saw option to go to Charge 3 from existing Fitbit Charge 2

Best Answer

How can I delete my charge 2 account

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi trying to switch from my Charge 2 to Charge 3. I can't find any account section in my ap. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app design has changed since the earlier posts in this thread. From the main dashboard in the app, select your profile image at the top left of the screen and you will be in the account section where you'll see the option to set up a device

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much! Up and running and loving it!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great advice and saved me a lot of time! Thanks so VERY MUCH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how did you change from charge2 to charge3

Best Answer

Thank you for giving me the information on how to set up from my Fitbit 2 to my new Fitbit Charge 3  I appreciate it !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn`t work for me. I`ve tried many times. I will try to uninstall the app and install it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Quelmen and welcome to the Community.  This is an older thread.  Fitbit redesigned the app.  Tap on your profile avatar, then tap on the blue + Set Up a Device.  Swipe up on the list of devices to find the Charge 3.  It's just below the Aria 2 on my app.  If you are doing this and it doesn't work, what kind of error do you get.  How is it going all wrong?  Please be specific.

BTW, I'll update the Best Answer selection to go along with the current app design.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, Laurie. My fitbit charge 2 is broken. I tried to add and set up charge 3 but it didn`t work for me. So I uninstalled the app from my mobile with the intention to install it again and set up charge 3. It didn`t work as well, and became worse, because I can`t install fit bit app again, because of "device not compatible". Please, help me to install it again and set up the new device charge 3. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quelmen   I apologize if I misunderstand what you wrote.  Is your app store saying that your phone isn't compatible?  You need Android 9 or iOS 15 or higher to install the Fitbit app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Laurie, I am a Fitbit user since April 2017 with the Fitbit app installed in my old Samsung Galaxy Note 3 without any problem. I was using charge 2, which is broken since yesterday. Now I have two problems. The first problem appeared when I tried to set up Charge 3 today. I went to my account on my mobile and I found the option to add a device. I selected Charge 3 from the list. But It didn`t set up.   

Then, I visited the Fitbit community for the first time and found a comment about uninstalling the app from the mobile and installing it again. And then appeared the second problem, since I uninstalled the app, but I can`t install it again with an alert saying that my device is not compatible. 

How can I fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes