Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge amount of steps in my sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!

During the day, random time every day, I notice my Fitbit registered a huge amount of steps, at least 5000 steps, which are made between 12 and 1 in the night. I already did a soft and hard reset, but that didn’t solve the issue. Any tips how to solve this?

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

One phone app Today screen, tap battery icon at top right.  Look for Phone as a Connected Device; remove it.

The intent is that it i supposed to be registering steps on your phone for when you are not wearing your fitbit, then I suppose downloads them all at once to fitbit.  Unless perhaps for you that seems like a reasonable explanation if you don't wear your tracker while getting those 5000-10,000 steps a day, and want to keep them,  I have never used it, and it seems to cause many problems. Some see it adding tens of thousands or millions of steps, and removing phone seems to solve the problem.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

One phone app Today screen, tap battery icon at top right.  Look for Phone as a Connected Device; remove it.

The intent is that it i supposed to be registering steps on your phone for when you are not wearing your fitbit, then I suppose downloads them all at once to fitbit.  Unless perhaps for you that seems like a reasonable explanation if you don't wear your tracker while getting those 5000-10,000 steps a day, and want to keep them,  I have never used it, and it seems to cause many problems. Some see it adding tens of thousands or millions of steps, and removing phone seems to solve the problem.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your quick reply!

Tested it for the past few days and it works! Thanks again 🙂

Best Answer

It's good to see you participating in the community for the first time @Becky9999.

Thank you for sharing the details regarding the Charge 3 and for trying to fix it on your own. 

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Thank you @JohnnyRow for sharing this information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes