Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't longer open the Fitbit App on my Kindle Fire

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can no longer open Fitbit app on my kindle fire?  What is the problem?  I have deleted and reinstalled app several times and it still tells me Fitbit.com is down for maintenance.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Rikki_two  the apps are for Android or iOS and your Kindle runs an entirely different operating system. That could be the problem. You able to use a smart phone?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello @Rikki_two. Welcome to the community forums. @Odyssey13 Nice to see you around and thanks for your input. 

Thank you for the detailed information. Adding to the post above, I'd like to let you know that the Fitbit App is compatible with most popular phones and tablets and works well with any mobile device or tablet that meets the requirements listed in this link: 

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

If you have a compatible mobile device or tablet, I recommend using that device for set up and syncing. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Try to delete and install it again. It happened to me three times and I was always reinstalling it.

Best Answer

Hello @SueHender. Welcome to the community forums! Thank you very much for your input! 

I'm glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit App has worked for you. But if you experience any inconvenience in the future, take into consideration that the Fitbit App was optimized to work with a compatible device running one of the following operating systems: 

• Apple iOS 12.2 or higher
  • Android OS 7.0 or higher

You can see more details in the link provided on the post above or here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer