Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a wristband with no metal for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any hope on fitbit creating a band with zero metal? I'm having a terrible reaction to the nickel in the rose gold clasp.  I really would love to wear it... I don't see why they haven't released one yet.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@KimmyL5 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! You could check Amazon for third party options. I remember seeing some cloth band and leather bands that could work for you. Just take into consideration that these aren't Fitbit products so the aren't covered by the warranty.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have severe allergies to any metals (other than yellow gold) and loved the ChargeHR because the clasp was NOT metal.  Why can’t they do that with a new one?  I have purchased 3 Charge HR trackers from private parties since the original one, and will continue to do so until they come up with a new one that is metal-free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

looks like titanium. Most of us allergy sufferers are not allergic to titanium. Maybe fitbit can come up with a titanium one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked on the ? at the top of the screen and opted for a live chat. I spoke with Joyce who said she has escalated my complaint to the highest level of support. I will update when/if I hear back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those still have metal buckles. I have the same issue original poster has. 

Best Answer

YES... We are many! 

Best Answer

I got a really deep dull ache in my wrist. It was so painful. After speaking to the doctor was told that is a known symptom for people with a sensitivity to nickel. Very disappointing that an alternative band hasn't been developed. I had to stop using mine 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4520A365-2D40-4780-98E8-A6D0E9C4E4E9.jpeg

 I have left the Fitbit community, not because of the band but because I needed a watch with GPS that was smaller, but I would recommend a third party seller, they seem to have nylon options without clasps now. Wish everyone luck. Also if you look at the Fitbit website, their kids bands appear to be plastic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes