Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to have two fitbits on one computer without confusing the two.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has an Alta HR, I have a Charge HR 2. I want have reports on my PC. How do I keep them separate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Halstamp,

Welcome to the community!

Let's do this one step at a time.  Do you both already have your accounts (separate e-mails) with your trackers appropriately paired to each of your accounts?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Halstamp,

Let's do this one step at a time.  Do you both already have your accounts (separate e-mails) with your trackers appropriately paired to each of your accounts?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

No I don't have two email addresses. I have only the Alta registered now, but want to also register my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not have two email addresses.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Halstamp,

First, Fitbit accounts are managed by e-mail addresses.  So you'll need a different address for each account.  That said, there are some options:

• You can get a free e-mail address from the likes of outlook.com, most of these mail services allow you to forward all your e-mail to another address (outlook.com does), so it'd behave like one address.
  • You can check with your e-mail provider if they allow you to create an alias to that account (another e-mail address that delivers to the same mailbox).  I know that outlook.com allows you to do this.
  • Little known fact, some e-mail providers allow you to add a "+anything" to their e-mail address and it'll deliver to the same mailbox.  I'd try it first, but if your address is user@domain.com, there's a fair chance that user+hubby@domain.com will work.

You can register with Fitbit with that 2nd address.  After that you'll need to get both syncing on the same computer.

Second, you can establish your account by logging out of the Fitbit App and logging in with your new e-mail.  It'll ask you the same questions that it asked your wife.  This is pretty straightforward.  Unfortunately, in order to sync each tracker, you'll need to log out/log in to each account which can be a bit of a nuisance.

Third, there's no such model as the Charge HR 2, so I assume that you have the Charge 2... Neither the Alta HR nor the Charge 2 come with a Fitbit dongle and that's the easiest way to sync two trackers in the same household.  If your wife already has the Alta HR setup, then she's either running Windows 10 or Fitbit Connect on the Mac.  Either one of these syncs precisely one account, to sync with multiple accounts you'll need a dongle.  If you chat with support, they'll normally send you one.  Tell them that you have multiple accounts in the household and you want to use "Fitbit Connect Classic Mode" with the Fitbit App.  This will sync both trackers without the need to log out/in continuously.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

For a second email on Fitbit you coukd use an email modifier that many email suppliers allow.

Fitbit would see them as different emails but to gmail they will all be the same address

Example

Myemail@gmail.com

Myemail.his@gmail.com

Myemail.her@gmail.com

Myemail+his@gmail.com

Myemail+her@gmail.com

All the above will be delivered to Nyemail@gmail.com

Best Answer

I think it would be nice if Fitbit would have high level gmail address, then enable different userid's under that email, each with its own password.  That would solve the problem of having to have separate email addresses for multiple trackers in the same household.  We don't all have separate email addresses, and may not want to have more than one hanging around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @swimfrances,

First, allow me to say that there should not be any implicit association between Fitbit and Google.  Google is notorious for collecting information that they don't really need just for the sake of collecting it.  For instance, collecting wi-fi data as they mapped Street View with their cars.

Second, please read the above posts from myself and @Rich_Laue carefully.  You don't want to establish multiple gmail accounts.  I get that.  The problem is that you keep thinking of one gmail account (and mailbox) has having only one address.  That's not necessarily the case.  You can have multiple email addresses deliver to the same mailbox.

I assume that you have a gmail address.  Humor me and send mail to youraddress+account2@gmail.com.  Notice that despite the fact that it was a different address that it gets delivered to the same mailbox?  Different Fitbit accounts require different email addresses, not different mailboxes.  You may establish as many Fitbit accounts as you'd like from a single gmail account and mailbox.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

Hello @swimfrances your not asking about having 2 Charge 2 on one account, your asking if you can have 2 Charge 2 on one email address. 

By using an email modifier with your GMail you may use one email for both you and your wife. 

With using a modifier when registering the second account, Fitbit thinks that they are seperate unique emails. 

Please read the link i reffered to. 

Example of modifiers

Firstlast@gmail.com

Can be modified as 

First.last@gmail.com - added period

Firstlast+wife@gmail.com - can put what ever you want after the + .No spaces 

So use your email and add "+wife"

Problem solved

@PureEvil i agree Google collects to much, their reasoning with WiFi is to help others in locating their position. 

Best Answer

No....and I can't get the second one to do anything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No and I can't get the second one to move to set up for a second account

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdStein what are the two model fitbits, that your trying to setup? 

Do you want to set them up to the same email address and for a single user? 

Or do you want them setup go two different users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes