Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information during a swim on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am considering the Charge 3 (as a replacement for my charge 2) cause of the possibility of swim tracking. 2 questions for now: 1. What does it show when you are swimming : will it show the number of tracks I swom so far. 2. Which data is accessible in the app. I read in the Ionic forum that the app didn’ t show information per track and that an update was expected by December 2018. Robert

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @RoCoJo, It's nice to see you around the forums! At this time, is not possible to see real-time length while swimming. For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Track specific exercises—such as run, bike, swim or weights—with the Exercise app on Charge 3 to see real-time stats, including heart-rate data, calories burned, and elapsed time, and a post-workout summary on your wrist. For complete workout stats, and route and pace information if you used GPS, review your exercise history in the Fitbit app.

Note: The connected GPS feature on Charge 3 works with the GPS sensors on your nearby phone.

For automatic tracking, sync your device with the Fitbit app to review your results in your exercise history.

• Use automatic tracking to capture all stats. 
  • Use the Exercise app to see the real-time duration of your swim on your device. Note that the Exercise app doesn't capture other swim stats.
  • Set your pool length on your device. For instructions, see How do I set the pool length for my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your help @SunsetRunner! Robot Very Happy

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I wouldn't expect it to show any more than what is shown in the Versa and Ionic trackers as they all share the same o/s. If the others are updated through a firmware update you will probably see one for the Charge 3 as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for your reply but that doesn't answer my question:

• What is visible during swim (# of tracks ?)
  • What data is logged and accessible in the app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @RoCoJo, It's nice to see you around the forums! At this time, is not possible to see real-time length while swimming. For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Track specific exercises—such as run, bike, swim or weights—with the Exercise app on Charge 3 to see real-time stats, including heart-rate data, calories burned, and elapsed time, and a post-workout summary on your wrist. For complete workout stats, and route and pace information if you used GPS, review your exercise history in the Fitbit app.

Note: The connected GPS feature on Charge 3 works with the GPS sensors on your nearby phone.

For automatic tracking, sync your device with the Fitbit app to review your results in your exercise history.

• Use automatic tracking to capture all stats. 
  • Use the Exercise app to see the real-time duration of your swim on your device. Note that the Exercise app doesn't capture other swim stats.
  • Set your pool length on your device. For instructions, see How do I set the pool length for my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your help @SunsetRunner! Robot Very Happy

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thx, Maria. That was the answer I was looking for 😇. (Although I hoped the number of strokes per track was included too 😪). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @RoCoJoMan Very Happy Glad to hear this answered your question!

Your idea is great. For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

I don't understand this snippet from the help page on exercise tracking, about swimming:

Does this mean that if I manually start the swim session instead of using the auto-track, it will only record the time that I swim and not the distance and other metrics? Or that it won't show me the information while I'm actually swimming?

If I use the auto-track while swimming, will it automatically start showing me the information while I'm still swimming?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2087/?q=swim&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I see from your post I should be supposed to see total lenght while swimming... Could you please let me know how do I do that? (I can only see time). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t seam to set my swimming app to lengths , the app is on my apple phone I go swimming once a week and after each swim I check my phone and can not any find any info on my phone is there a number I ring and to someone for help .

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want implementable improvements, why not go and vote for feature suggestions?

Best Answer

Not very helpful I would like to speak someone is there a phone number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want your fitbit to tell you how many lengths you have completed while you are swimming vote here! (I do and more votes the better!) https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-real-time-lap-display-in-Swimming-mode-on...

Best Answer

@Angelalynn114 wrote:

vote here! 

Already did... 

I don't hold out much hope because FitBit is concerned with fitness tracking, not sports tracking.
It's obvious that FitBit algorhythms for swim tracking are not very well developed: My Charge 3 registered a 1100 m swim as 900 m and a 1500 m swim as 250 m. That means it missed 8 turns on the former and ten turns on the latter. The turns were correctly counted by my Suunto.
What FitBit could easlly do, however, is share the data for turns and arm strokes. We could then, at least, fairly accurately reckon distance swum.

Best Answer
Thank you I can now see the lengths I swim

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Juppy wrote:
Thank you I can now see the lengths I swim

How are you doing that? Please share!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Only AFTER!! On the device...NOT during the exercise Unfortunately
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday I went onto the app and there is a blue circle with a white cross I push that I then went on to track exercise and it appeared to die it’s disappeared I think if I had of known I would not of bought a Fitbit free as I only got it for the swimming app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim a mile every week and use a Speedo watch to count my laps and split times.

will my new Fitbit 3 do this and do I have to set it up first?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pashmak: apparently, it has only the most remedial swim tracking functionality.  You are better off with your Speedo watch for now.  I have a Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro and while it's not as accurate as I'd like as a fitness tracker, it's got more functionality in the pool.  If only I could merge these two devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a mil for your reply. I will continue to use my speedo watch

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes