Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Charge 2 compatible with Apple OS 11.1 (Big Sur)?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded to Apple OS 11.1, and my Fitbit Charge 2 won't sync with computer. I get a message that the computer cannot find the wireless dingle. Is Fitbit not compatible with this latest Apple OS upgrade?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Achilla, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Your Charge 2 should be compatible with the latest Apple OS update.

Since your Fitbit device is not syncing with your computer, restart your computer and make sure that your computer has the most recent Fitbit app version installed. After this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article.

Finally, monitor your tracker during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with a FitBit Modertor and he told me Apple computer is NOT compatible with Fitbit to recognize the dongle for syncing to Big Slur OS for Mac. It appears that only apps for the phone and iPad are compatible for syncing. This is misleading! Which is it compatible or not compatible??

Best Answer
Thanks for your update.  I also spoke to Fitbit about ten days ago, and they "didn't know" about compatibility, butjust told me to stick to syncing to my iPhone or iPad.  I still can't sync the Fitbit Charge 2 to my computer with Mac OS11.1 (Big Sur).
Best Answer
Right and nor can I sync either except from the app on my phone. I just
installed Big Slur last night and held my breath as to what would not be
compatible but honestly I think Fitbit should be making compatible software
period. The people around the world using Fitbits don’t all use PCs. --
Deb Doebler 🦅
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

No it’s not.  With 14.3, I get simplified sleep and my text messages not longer show on my Charge 2.  Exactly when I upgraded 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that seems to be the consensus.  I wonder if it's true for all Fitbits or just the older ones, like Charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes
https://www.myhealthyapple.com/fitbit-notifications-fix/

Most helpful. I finally got mine fixed by waking through this step by step. I’m not sure what I’d done to fix it or what the upgrade changed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur this week, & experienced 'can't find wireless dongle'/won't sync.  Syncs with iPhone & iPad - frustrating, but at least now I know that it will never sync with my Mac. 😡

Best Answer
Have you tried the steps in the link I posted this morning?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I had already tried all the relevant suggestions in that link.  I think the problem (which I didn't see mentioned there) is that

I upgraded my computer's Mac OS to Big Sur (11.1), and it hasn't synced since then.  I also contacted Fitbit Support, and their

suggestions didn't work, either.  I think the Fitbit CHarge 2 just isn't compatible with Mac's new OS.  Hopefully it will be at some point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought I had too but I walked through them one by one. It literally was the last step of turning off notifications in the app and rebooting the phone that worked. It r at oils be worth your time to walk through them one more time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The software for Mac has not been updated for 2+ years. No matter what the fitbit support says, there is nothing wrong with your tracker, its the outdated software that is the problem.

Best Answer