Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I was logging exercise some how I put in too many steps how do I get them off

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Absolutely, when you get home use a pc and log into fitbit.com

hover over the tile and click "see more", it will take you here:  activities 

under log activities at the bottom click the first walk icon and use the distance drop down and change to "steps"  enter the number of steps you want to negate, and enter "driving" in the activity box

Now click "Log" button.

Or you can edit a "too many steps" manual log by finding it in the list of activities from the list above and clicking the edit pencil next to the activity name, enter the corrected value over the "too many" value, again, be sure to hit the log button.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no "too many steps" selection available.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alternate -- to record negating steps as "Driving" activity eliminates Steps as an entry field immediately upon selection.  No hope there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. This option won't work for me as the steps in question are not logged as an activity..I just woke up with 1003 steps.

I've  changed the sleep tracking to sensitive but I want to reduce the steps as they are false 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of a sudden on the 7of April, I had 486,021 steps logged by itself, on my Charge3..

486,021 steps!

No Activity is entered, just regular step data. As It chrashes the stats for years to come, how to delete the data?? 

Best Answer

My Luxe (and before that my Flex) adds random 20,000 - 70,000 steps in the middle of the night. Only on Sunday though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit or delete activities in your exercise history in the Fitbit app. Depending on the exercise, you can choose to edit the type of exercise, start and end times, distance covered, and calories burned. Note that you can only edit activities in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am probably the only person who still wears a zip, but I am not a watch person so this still seems my best option.

But the last two Sundays, I have woken up with major mileage on my Zip even though it should not be more than a mile.

Last Sunday, it was 20.35 free mileage.

This Sunday, it was 1.52 miles.

Any way to get rid of those excess steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes