Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to sync steps from a Samsung Gear Watch to the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My dad has a Samsung Gear Watch that syncs with the S Health app. I was wondering if there's any way for him to sync his steps to the Fitbit app so he can compete with friends and family. I know he can buy a fitbit and it will work, but is there any other way to sync his steps from his Samsung Gear Watch to the fitbit app without getting a fitbit? He didn't get a fitbit because it didn't have all of the features his Samsung Gear Watch has just in case you're wondering. Please let me know if there is anyway this can happen.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Did you have to pay for the advanced feature? I am trying to sync my S Health steps into fitbit and I can't figure it out but I did see there was an option for $5.99

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Jack!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm doing the same.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it accurate w steps?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 100% possible, but a touch convoluted.  I have the Fit2 Pro, it syncs with S Health which then syncs to MyFitnessPal, which then syncs to FitBit.  You don't even need the FitBit app on your phone, just SHealth and MFP.

Granted, this is my first day with the watch, but I will update if I get poor results.

Best Answer

My phone has the Fitbit appt on it so now my Fitbit watch up and died on me .So I ordered an Android watch for cheap and since it has Bluetooth and can be sync to my phone it should be able to sync with my phone's Fitbit appt .easily.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now after a "fantastic" Samsung update you can only sync S-Health with Strava. If Fitbit fix the Android sync problem and  - phone music control - to all music apps (like Samsung) next watch is a Fitbit on my arm. I hate when my Gear S3 stop counting my walks and 5 mile been 2 mile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded this app, but after syncing I still can't get my steps to show up in the fitbit app under steps only under activity so it doesn't help in doing challenges. Am I missing something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You mean fit bit is not compatible. s heath will export steps but fit bit will not accept them. When is Fit bit going to change this so people can compete with there friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah but you can trick the fitbit by shaking your arm but the gear doesn't fall for that trick is say it's more accurate then the Fitbit .the only thing I can say is that S Health app isn't as much fun as the Fitbit app at the moment .But the watch  s3 gear frontier is outstanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update. The app actually works really well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the post was deleted. Do you happen to remember what it was called?

Best Answer
0 Votes