Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is walk not an option from the "exercise" menu?

Hello, 1st time poster here. I have the Charge 2, and I was wondering, why isn't "walk" available to select for my exercise menu instead of "run"? I walk every day and when I start out, I use the button to cycle to the 3rd screen, which is the type if exercise. I walk, not run, just wondering why walk is not available to select? I log my walk under run so it's no big deal, just would be nice to select the correct activity. Also, does anyone have trouble with this model syncing correctly? It seems like I have to prompt it to sync all the time, and when I don't, sometimes I don't get credit for my day's exercise on my stats. Thanks for any input. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @TollBoothWillie and welcome to the Community.  After you push the button to get to your Exercise menu, tap the screen to see your available shortcuts.  If you never did this before, the Charge 2 is preloaded with popular shortcuts.  I bet walk is right after run.  The Charge 2 can store up to seven of the available shortcuts. 

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for your syncing problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TollBoothWillie. A warm welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for providing the details regarding your Charge 2 and for trying to get it working well.

Please make sure to follow all the steps listed in this help article in order to your device syncs correctly: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Thanks for helping @LZeeW

Best Answer
0 Votes

LZeeW, thanks for the response. When I go to the exercise menu, run is the 1st option, followed by weights, treadmill, workout, elliptical, bike, interval v. Seems like I should have a "Walk", but it is not there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ManuFitbit, thanks for the response. Guess I need to elaborate just a bit, my Fitbit will manually sync just fine, but if I don't manually sync it, it goes 2-3 days or whenever long in between days without manually syncing. Just annoying to get my stats and I see a big goose egg for a day where it did not sync automatically, and I got nothing, no credit, but in reality I had lots of steps for that day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TollBoothWillie   There are about 20 shortcuts available.  Walk is always on Fitbit's default list.  Once upon a time, you customized your list.  Here's how to fix it:

• Tap on your device/battery icon in the upper left of your app
  • Tap on your Charge 2 tile
  • Tap on Exercise shortcuts
  • Delete a shortcut you don't use
  • Now you can add Walk
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer