Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of clock faces for Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So just got the Charge 4 Special Edition and was looking for a clock face like the one that is on the front of the box that the watch came in. It's not availble for this watch,,, for as much as I paid for the watch being some newer technology and can't get this watch face,,, am shocked! Matter of fact, am astonished at how many are not available for this watch, as least the one's that were my taste. Was visiting with tech support last nite late and part of the conversation was the fact of limited options. I was told that that was just how it was! Really?... Am shocked. Are there any options out there? Really just wanted the one that appears on the box for this watch... If not going to be available, then don't use it for the illustration on the packaging that it comes in as it looks great compared to what I had to settle for at this time. Also, as mentioned,,, very hard to find the watch faces that are available for this or any other watch. I would think the the technology would be in placed to just do a 'search' for just your flavor of watch face and what would pop up would be only what would work... Unless I went to the wrong gallery,,,, It was not available for me... Sorry to vent but I had significate hi hopes for this watch and this was only one of other things that are not going so well with this purchase... 

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @InspectorRon 

Yes, I see you are very aggravated, lets see if we can solve your problem.

Looks like something is going wrong at your part. You should be able to choose one of the 24 clock faces without any problem.

Can you give us the brand and type of the phone you use?

Did you already follow these instructions? (Don't forget to sync your device!)

Corr_0-1605702992233.png

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hi @InspectorRon 

There are 24 clock faces for the Charge 4. At least for Europe you can also choose the watch face that is on the box (Totem).

Take a look over here to see them all https://youtu.be/8kdlk4XNjlQ

and a look over here to see how you can change them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEPrWTmhd8Q

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

All the a soluble watch faces are displayed in your user manual. You will also find instructions on how to switch them. 

Sometimes we have noticed that the box has a face that was screened up by the designer of the box. But never added to the final product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I went to the Fitbit app, found the clock face that I liked really well, as was the same on the box the watch came in labeled 'PENDULUM'.I tapped on the image and opened to a double image of the representation but the SELECT button would not activate. So that is telling me that it is no available for this watch. This is not good! Will be extremely disappointed if I cannot get this image for the clock face. Why do you think it was selected for the image on the box? It is because it look really good. Anyway, what can we do to fix this as I spent a lot of money for this watch and FITBIT accessories. I will not bother me a bit to return this as having other issues as well and may do that anyway.Please make this a better adventure that what has been so far.... I got my first Fitbit in 2016 (Blaze) so don't let me down.By the way, engineering needs to make the page for such selection unique to your watch selection only and not have all the others illustrated if they WON"T WORK FOR YOUR WATCH.. It is time consuming and even more DISSAPOINTING when you think you found one you liked, then discover that NO , it won't work for your watch....Has anybody taken FITBITS app and options to the 'street level'? It is easy when doing testing and evaluation 'in house'. Most every one has an inclination to the function of the watch but to an average "person the street" or not in the TECH business, completely different. I am in the OIL & Gas business and so a little tech savvy but this is too frustrating. Does that make since?
As you can tell, am very aggravated with this watch and support as am getting the feeling, as I type, that am going to be 'OUT OF LUCK',, being told 'sorry that is policy'.......
Any way, sorry to vent as just had such high hopes for this watch and Fitbit support. As on a course to get healthier and this watch was going to be a large part of it as am 69 yrs old.... 
Well let me know of the plan.Thank you,
Regards. 
Ron Anderson
Best Answer
Hello Tech support, Just got the Charge 4 'Select' watch and found out that the Clock face of my preference which was on the box that the watch came in is not available. Say is it not so... I posted at a another location on this page and got a reply the was not the solution, but a typical answer from someone that did not really look at this specific problem/issue. But I followed the recommendation so please see the following:
So I went to the Fitbit app, found the clock face that I liked really well, as was the same on the box the watch came in labeled 'PENDULUM'.
I tapped on the image and opened to a double image of the representation but the SELECT button would not activate. So that is telling me that it is no available for this watch. This is not good! Will be extremely disappointed if I cannot get this image for the clock face. Why do you think it was selected for the image on the box? It is because it look really good. Anyway, what can we do to fix this as I spent a lot of money for this watch and FITBIT accessories. I will not bother me a bit to return this as having other issues as well and may do that anyway.
Please make this a better adventure that what has been so far.... I got my first Fitbit in 2016 (Blaze) so don't let me down.
By the way, engineering needs to make the page for such selection unique to your watch selection only and not have all the others illustrated if they WON"T WORK FOR YOUR WATCH.. It is time consuming and even more DISSAPOINTING when you think you found one you liked, then discover that NO , it won't work for your watch....
Has anybody taken FITBITS app and options to the 'street level'? It is easy when doing testing and evaluation 'in house'. Most every one has an inclination to the function of the watch but to an average "person the street" or not in the TECH business, completely different. I am in the OIL & Gas business and so a little tech savvy but this is too frustrating. 
Does that make since?

As you can tell, am very aggravated with this watch and support as am getting the feeling, as I type, that am going to be 'OUT OF LUCK',, being told 'sorry that is policy'.

Any way, sorry to vent as just had such high hopes for this watch and Fitbit support. As on a course to get healthier and this watch was going to be a large part of it as am 69 yrs old.... 

Well let me know of the plan.
Thank you,

Regards. 

Ron Anderson
Best Answer

Hi @InspectorRon 

Yes, I see you are very aggravated, lets see if we can solve your problem.

Looks like something is going wrong at your part. You should be able to choose one of the 24 clock faces without any problem.

Can you give us the brand and type of the phone you use?

Did you already follow these instructions? (Don't forget to sync your device!)

Corr_0-1605702992233.png

Best Answer

This is not about Web API development. It won't be seen by the right people.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Hi @InspectorRon 

I have moved your post to the Charge 4 forums.  Someone here should be able to help you.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my Charge 4 today and would like to use the Pendulum face (and try others as well).  Confirmed both firmware and app are latest versions.  Please let me know how to use this face.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Applied an update this morning, and Pendulum clock face is now installed.. Works great!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Applied a Fitibit update this morning (day 2) and Pendulum clock face now applied.  It works great... Upgraded from a Charge 2.

Hope it works for you, Ron.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this problem yesterday (day 1) as well... this morning (day 2), an update was applied to my Charge 4, and now all faces are available. 

The "Pendulum" face is my favorite so far.

Hang in there, @InspectorRon .  Hope it works for you a well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I updated mine as well following your message. Not sure what happened, just glad it did.You have a Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday... !
Best Answer

Idem.. Please.. We want face clock for chargé 4

Best Answer

Great @InspectorRon . Enjoy the holiday and your Charge 4!!  Be safe everyone.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your participation in the Community Forums. @Rich_Laue and @Corr, thanks for your big help!

@InspectorRon and @nsx1164, thanks for sharing that you have the Charge 4 and for the steps tried prior to posting. I'm glad that you were able to change the clock face after updating the firmware and I hope you continue enjoying the experience!

@Chrisnorth, thanks for joining this thread and sharing that you're not able to change the clock face for your Charge 4. Just to confirm, may I know for how long you've had your tracker? When a new tracker is recently set up in the Fitbit app, you'll need to wait until your tracker is offered to update to the latest firmware that allows you to change the clock face and use other features. If this applies to you, try keeping the Fitbit app running in the background so your tracker can sync regularly and receive the update. If by any chance you prefer receiving assistance in French, you can always post your questions in the French Charge 4 board.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch face won't show up at all on my fitbit.  Shows like it is changing; but screen only shows  "www.fitbit.com/setup"  Went through set up and it still don't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ytrohs2. Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing what it's displayed on your Charge 4. To double check with you, may I know if your tracker was recently set up? Usually that screen appears when your tracker hasn't been set up or there is a pending firmware to update. I'd recommend to restart your tracker to refresh its performance, sync regularly and download the update as soon as you see the prompt in the Fitbit app.

Look forward to your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, clicked on the face I wanted and the select button never appeared 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mfbrandt. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that the clock face isn't changing on your Charge 4, let me give you a hand. Before anything else, was your tracker recently set up in your Fitbit account? May I know the model and OS/software version of your phone?

I'd recommend to remove the tracker from the Bluetooth settings, force quit the Fitbit app, restart your tracker, open the Fitbit app, sync your tracker and try changing the clock face one more time.

Look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes