Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Expectancy of Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 has died - battery will not hold a charge.  I started using it in March 2017 so it is now out of Warranty.  This is my second Fitbit product that completely died shortly after the warranty period was up.  What is the normal life expectancy of a Charge 2?  I used my all of the time, but I work in an office so it was very gently used.  While I really love the functionality and the Fitbit App, I'm very hesitant to spend more money (they offered 25% off a new one) on a new item that is likely to die shortly after the warranty period.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Hi, I started having a couple of lines across my screen this summer on my Charge 2 and started reading some forums.  Mine is almost 5 years old now.  After reading some forums I decided that when the lines show up it is is the beginning of the end and have purchased an open box Charge 3 on Ebay.  I am satisfied with a product that lasts 5 years.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Mslbee, you're welcome. I'll see your notes sooner if you put an @ before my name as it will notify me. Yes, if you buy the battery from Amazon it's self-installable, provided you've got a soldering iron and basic experience working with small electronics (or patience). The Charge2 opens from the top. Using a knife, razor blade, or GB-5A pry tool, lift the plastic from the metal, and inside you'll see small screws, detach them, lift out the PCB, and viola, the battery is there to replace. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine since 29th april 2017 and its still going strong to my surprise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here om the Versa 2 model. My previous fitbit watch (surge) lasted for much longer (about4 yrs)...it outlasted the bracelets which kept breaking. The stopped making the bracelets, so I had to buy the Versa2, even though the electronics still worked.

My Versa2 just died. I bought it 2019.

Best Answer

Two years isn’t VERY durable. 

Best Answer

I've had my Charge 2 since 2017 and it has been going strong for over 5 years with everyday use.  Lately, I've noticed that it doesn't hold a charge as well, where I have to charge it every 4 or 5 days instead of weekly.  I am happy with the durability of the product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FBC2 has just gone reverse and half screen following a cracked screen a few months ago. Seems I am lucky as it is 2 weeks over 6 years old. 

Thanks to all posters who have told me in effect be thankful it lasted this long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can have the battery changed in a Charge 2.  I just did for $40.  The new higher capacity battery goes 7 days between charging.

Best Answer

I have had mine for 6 years and it is just starting to show problems with charge!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked my purchase date and I've been wearing this Charge 2, everyday, all day, since 2016. That means it has given me 7 years of flawless service.

Best Answer
Wow! That's impressive

Darren
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been really good at not letting it accidently get wet, and only ever fully charging, and only when it is below 10 - 12%. That bit about charging was a recommendation from an electrical engineer, so there must be something to it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great tip! Thanks! 
I stopped using my charge 2 because it counted climbing stairs incorrectly. It was off the chart! I suspect I did it while cleaning it. I think cleaner must have gotten inside the hole where it tracks your elevation. I was using an antibacterial wipe to clean the charge 2. I never did that again. I have moved onto a versa, it has more features I wanted, such as giving me a numerical value for O2 at night.

Best Answer
0 Votes