Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Expectancy of Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 has died - battery will not hold a charge.  I started using it in March 2017 so it is now out of Warranty.  This is my second Fitbit product that completely died shortly after the warranty period was up.  What is the normal life expectancy of a Charge 2?  I used my all of the time, but I work in an office so it was very gently used.  While I really love the functionality and the Fitbit App, I'm very hesitant to spend more money (they offered 25% off a new one) on a new item that is likely to die shortly after the warranty period.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Hi @bmor65 - In my experience, they are pretty durable. I've had mine for 2 + years and it's going strong. I did replace the band at some point, but that's about it.

Best Answer

An aspect of Life Expectancy is certainly durability of the plastic screen. Like many others mine has cracked right up the face after 10 months. The warranty notes anticipate this eventuality and tell you not to use it any longer. Not good. And a 25% discount to buy another is not a great incentive.

Best Answer

Thanks Ozzie.  I've got multiple bands for mine and it's in great shape...except that the battery will not charge.  Just so disappointing that it barely lasted past the warranty period. I used the Fitbit One for years but I really loved the HR and the sleep functionality of this one. I'll miss it.

Best Answer

1 - 2 years is typical for fitbit products; however, based on friends and family input most of the devices tend to stop working shortly after the warranty is over.

Best Answer

I haven’t had any problems with mine yet and I believe mine is a about a year old, but now I noticed there is a charge 3 so I don’t know how much longer charge 2 will last.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer

I bought my Charge 2 over 2 years ago, wear it all the time, and it’s still going strong. I’m happy with it but looking at the Charge 3 since I can’t see it lasting too much longer. It does take some wear and tear since I keep it on when I’m mowing the lawn or shoveling snow in addition to daily workouts. It’s been durable for me.

ETA: my earlier Charge HR had a battery issue while under warranty, they sent me a new one which died after warranty and the battery will no longer charge. Charge. 2 has been major improvement

Best Answer

My screen cracked from the inside out just outside of the warranty window. Fitbits response is to ignore the design defects in the charge 2 and instead offer a worthless 25% off coupon to buy another Charge 2. This is certainly a way to drive your previously loyal customers into the arms of another company.

Best Answer

I wonder why nobody from Fitbit is replying to all this stuff.....One year warranty right? so one year life...waste of money...I started using from nov/dec 2016 and just from few days ago no display...all are wasting time discussing revival as its life is just over warranty period....total waste of time and money

Best Answer

Mine just died after almost exactly 4 years of daily use.  Maybe I was just lucky?  If these only last a couple years, not so sure they are worth the money.  Four years for me was worth it, and guess I'll buy another one.  

Best Answer

Both me and partners have died within 2 weeks of each other after 2 1/2 years. 25% offered to one of us ..... going to garmin 

Best Answer

I've had my charge 2 for well over 3 years and except for changing bands it's still going strong

Best Answer

And the battery can't be changed, right?! I got mine December 2017 and it's dying....won't hold charge. Fitbit got it hoing last week, but it's done this week. I got the same 25% coupon offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is same but never got any refund or coupons

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Greetings....call the customer service center and I'm sure they'll be happy to assist.  I'm not buying another though. That's just too much money to spent on something that you know will only last 2 years.

Best Answer

I experienced exactly the same problem with Charge 2 which I personally believe relates to a battery problem. I still have original flex working after 5 years but there are many comments about the Charge 2 just dying and as there are tutorials on YouTube showing how to replace the battery this would suggest a common problem. Worryingly, Fitbit have informed me that my previous comment on this issue has been removed for being ‘unproductive’ which I find rather sinister. I have gone from a happy Fitbit user and advocate to someone very concerned with the company’s attitude to customers and customer service.

Best Answer
I suppose Fitbit just think 2yrs is plenty 😳. I won’t be buying again certainly garmin seem so much better at customer service !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Activity trackers, like mobile phones, are improving all the time but reliability and brand reputation are also important. Not sure who I will try now.

Best Answer
Garmin have great customer care

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine will turn 2 years old at the end of this month. I used it everyday, I sleep and shower with it, still going strong 

now I want it to stop working because I want to buy the charge 3 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes