Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights won't turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bright green light stays on and runs down battery. How can I get it to off?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Hey @Soonerjanet, it is great to see new members around! 🙂 Are you talking about the green lights on the back of your Fitbit? Or the light from display itself? If the lights from the back don't turn off, remember that the heart rate mode has 3 options: ON, OFF and AUTO. I recommend you to use it on AUTO, so that way, the green lights will only turn on when you are using your tracker, 'cause if you have it the heart rate on all the time, the battery will drain faster than expected. 

If you are using an iOS device, follow these steps to change your heart rate tracking setting to AUTO: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
  2. Tap or click the tracker tile.
  3. Tap or click Heart Rate and make sure it's set to Auto.
  4. Sync your tracker.

Now, if the issue is with the display itself that it won't turn off, perform a restart and let me know how it goes!

By the way, I just moved your post to the correct board, which is Charge HR. 

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi, @Soonerjanet, the green lights on the underside of your Fitbit are the LEDs that read your heartrate.

On your app, if you select your device (Charge 2) you will see that there is a setting for Heartrate.  If you select this you can change the setting.  If you choose 'on' the green lights will always flash.  If you choose 'auto' they will stop flashing if no movement is detected for a few moments (i.e. if you take it off and place it on a table).  If you select 'off' the green lights should turn off completely.  In that case it will not show a heartrate reading even if you are wearing your Charge 2.

I would suggest the best setting is 'auto' which should give you a good balance between battery life and full function.

Be sure to sync your Fitbit whenever you make any change in the app.

I hope this helps!  Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you so very much! I'm going to try these suggestions! I didn't expect a response so quickly!!

Janet Crain
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have this issue but my Fitbit is set to auto. It is also not reading heart rate when it is being worn. I have contacted FITBIT Help to see if there is anything that can be done. 

Best Answer
That's mine exactly! Thanks!!! If you discover how to turn off green light let me know. It runs down battery.

Janet

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The light would never go off so I ordered another Fitbit. Thanks for you help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My green light won't shut off. I've changed heart rate from auto to off and have turned off the fit bit and back on. The light stays on and very bright and then the battery dies after an hour of wearing it. Is there anything I can do? Thanks 😕

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue...hr won't work, one LED is perminantly off, the remaining LED won't turn off and drains my battery within the hour.  The On/Off/ Auto function does nothing.  I spoke to the on-line support Bot and it said that my FitBit was out of warranty ( by 3 months)  and that it cannot be fixed.  the best it could do was offer 25% off on a new Fit Bit - yah, right like I'm gonna get another of these things that dies right after the warrenty expires!   And, since there are so many people with this issue I think it is a known problem that they just dont care about...hey if people buy your product again after only 13 months then great right...total crap.

I am now opening up the Fitbit to do a hard-wire fix and disconnect the LED's...I guess at least I would rather have most of the functions than nothing.  FitBit, your QA is terrible

Best Answer

Same issue!  I’ve done all the “suggested” fixes and NONE of them changed anything.  Even when blaze settings say heart monitor is in “off” position those lights are brighter than ever!  This is obviously a known defect so how are you going to fix it?  Yesterday I went to the live chat with Fitbit rep and they suggested returning my unit via prepaid label- and then miraculously poof disconnected - even though they had phone number and email that they had taken earlier in convo I heard nothing!  Someone please help us!!! 

Best Answer
I had to buy another fit bit. No way to repair.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

U should have gotten for urself a new iWatch, Fitbit r cool until u hit a bump.

Best Answer

Good news!!  Fitbit totally came through in very big way!  Full refund, I shipped it back to them in a prepaid envelope (thanks) and the sent me a check - I thought about iwatch but apple would never give me a refund so I’m staying loyal to fitbit!!  I did purchase another Blaze before I received my refund, who knew how dependent I had become on this simple tool!  I just ordered the New Ionic, and cannot wait to receive it!  Thanks Fitbit!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has the same issue, the light wont shut off and the battery is draining?  I have tried turning the heart monitor off and also putting it on auto; I have also tried resetting it to no avail.  Fitbit, please help me, I don't want to have to buy a new Fitbit. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
Thanks. I’ve already bought a new one and threw that one away!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me too! The light won’t gonoff and the battery will s drained very quickly. I tried changing the HR settings and resetting it but it still won’t go off. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit and see if they can help! I tried every remedy and nothing worked and the lights would get so hot that they were burning my wrist! The only downside was I was completely lost without my Fitbit on...lol...
If you use the Fitbit app they can tell that something is wrong by the data — good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You just fixed my wife's Blaze.....ty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Run cold water on it for a few seconds then wait...

👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to mine too

It was a slow deterioration over a month. Started with the HR not reading consistently, opened a case and they would only offer a discount on a new one as I was a few months out of warranty 

I decided I like the other features  enough to tough it out with HR off. Now  2 weeks later I cannot even turn it off anymore 

very disappointed to say the least. Last new Fitbit for me, I will stick Kiiji after this, warranty was worthless at 1 year

Best Answer