Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines across screen on fitbit charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Lines have started to appear across my charge 3 screen, and have obscured numbers on screen.

This only started 2 weeks ago  and seems to be getting worse every few days with more lines appearing. 

A reboot did not sort the issue. 

Fitbit is just over a year old, and hasn't received any damage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @rlen.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In addition to the regular restart, you can perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Whether this doesn't work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the white lines problem on 3 Fitbit Charge 3 trackers.  The first was one I purchased in November 2018 and it developed the problem in July 2019. After much trouble shooting Fitbit sent me a new tracker since it was still under the manufacturer's warranty period.  That one developed the same problem at the end of December 2019 but was no longer covered by a warranty.  Luckily I purchased the original one using Amex and their extended warranty covered the cost of a new one.  I purchased my third Charge 3 in January 2020 from Amazon along with an Asurion purchase protection plan. The purchase protection was worth it since this last tracker developed the same white lines in May 2021. None of the recommended troubleshooting steps resolved the problem but Asurion credited me the purchase price. None of these trackers had suffered physical damage and they were always charged.  I just ordered a Charge 4 and hope the white lines issue has been resolved in this version as I really like the size and style of these trackers.

image of my 3 trackers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue. Now can’t see screen at all but it’s still working. Not impressed by fit bit. 1 year warranty and it dies right after. Will be looking elsewhere for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes