Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live heart rate data is not showed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week or so, my current heartrate no longer shows in the app (on iPhone or on iPad). The current heartrate and resting heartrate are still displayed on the Charge 2 itself, and the peaks and movements show in the history on the app; the only thing I am not seeing is the current heartrate on the app itself - only "--". Resetting does not work.

I have given up on the floors. Even in this new fitbit the floors go nuts - 100s when I am doing nothing. But let's forget about the floors for now.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Frankerian, I hope you are doin' fine! You can see live heart rate data if you use the Fitbit app for iOS or the Fitbit app for Android with any Fitbit tracker that includes heart rate tracking, in this case, your Charge 2. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on. In addition, please make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your app. 

Now in regards of the floors, have you left your Charge 2 close to a fan maybe or any other gust of wind? I'm asking because changes in atmospheric pressure make the altimeter on the Charge 2 track extra floors. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I can see my live heartrate on the Fitbit itself, but I can't see it in the iOS app. Not sure why it stopped displaying on the app. Bluetooth is enabled on my device and I have the current version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @chgoangel67, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If you are not getting live heart rate data on the Fitbit app, even if the Bluetooth on your phone is ON and the Fitbit app is updated, I'd like you to try to clean cache on the app, then log back in to your Fitbit account. 

Let me know if that works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi HeydyFitbit, I tried clearing the app cache, unfortunately, it didn't work. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiw do you clean cache on app ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HeydyFitbit, I finally got it to work. I recently got a new Iphone and needed to have the fitbit pair with my phone. Now I can see my current heartrate on the app. Thanks so much! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Alicat41! I apologize for the delay in answering your post. If you are using an Android phone, you can follow the instructions in this article.

@chgoangel67, that sounds great my friend! I appreciate the update. If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been experiencing this problem for some time - I have tried all the suggestions, blue tooth on and off, clearing catches, unpairing and pairing (which cured the problem but only for a day and only on one of my devises) I use fitbit on Samsung Android Phone and Tablet.

I have had my fitbit for a year and a half and it has been great but this year syncing has been a real problem and the loss of live heartrate in my dashboard is significant as it is one of the reasons I chose the Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes