Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging a half marathon in my sleep?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up this morning to find I had apparently done 19,911 steps today and burned over 2000 calories over six hours. Either I'm one heck of a sleep walker or something isn't right.

It's there any way I can reset the values to something more realistic? Because I can't really trust anything it says today now. Or is there at least some way to prevent that happening again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Toasty93 

It might help to reboot your Charge 4. Just tap on the settings on your Charge 4 then scroll down and tap About then tap Reboot Device. If you want to edit the unearned steps that are being reflected on your Fitbit App you can do so by logging a non-step-based activity such as driving to override the steps unearned. Look here under “how do I edit steps or floors in the Fitbit App here”: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.htm

😃 Please come back and let me know if this provided you with an answer and helped fix the issue 

Best Answer

Change your sleep setting from sensitive to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two days ago, woke up and was rewarded with 15,542 steps before I got out of bed. Last week, while sitting in a car, 40,000 steps automatically appeared. Last month, at least on two occasions, excessive steps not earned showed up. Every year, I've upgraded to the next Charge unit, and though I think the Charge 4 is a sharp looking watch on my wrist with an aftermarket gun metal magnet band, I'm not about to purchase the Charge 5, as I really see no point in a 13 month life expectancy! This particular unit was purchased on Amazon, and insured with Asurion, which I recommend doing for all electronics, since as soon as I ship it out, I'll receive a $99 Amazon git card back from Asurion. Frankly, I'll miss the challenges with friends, but my inconsistent steps have come to a close...moving to a Garmin Instinct Solar watch and trying a different platform moving forward. Premium features on Fitbit are nice, but they may as well rent the watches along with the program, since they don't last more than a year or so!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to say thank you for this advice, it worked.

I would also like to add that I found additional advice on Reddit that I found helpful as well; I was told if I had mobile track paired to the app along with a tracker, there's some confusion and this sort of thing happens. No idea why, but after unpairing mobile track I haven't had this issue since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MegaBite, I tried rebooting, removing and reinstalling the Charge but the steps are still overinflated.  When comparing the fitbit, app on my iphone and app on my Mac, the information is different. --- I deleted today's data using the Mac and added in my normal miles/time.  When the fitbit was synced to my iphone, it added the miles to the prior steps.  This appears to have just happened in the last few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes