Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of symbols on Charge 3 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t understand what several of symbols on screen mean. Would like to know to fully use and enjoy Fitbit.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Have you thoroughly read your Users Guide?  After that, if you still have questions, please be specific.  

C.B.

Best Answer

Are these symbols on the Charge 2? 

Open the app up and compare the symbols to what you see in the Charge 2.Screenshot_20171029-203126.png

Best Answer

@Santafegolfer It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Additional to @SunsetRunner and @Rich_Laue suggestions you can also refer to your tracker's manual to have a better idea of what you can do you with your new Charge 2.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

i want to understand what all symboles mean

Best Answer

symbole looks like indication need battery charge but has the letter lower casei flashing and wont let me charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which symbols are you asking about @andrewaj35?

The symbols on the tracker match the ones in the app and on the web at www.fitbit.com, of which both also have headings. You can also look in the user manual where they also are identified. Screenshot_20190725-142546_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does the small fire symbol mean ?

Best Answer

Under the symbol, I circled it Cal is for calories 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • There is a long thin bar with a circle across it containing a footprint or exclamation mark and it will not show any other symbol.
Best Answer

The user's guide is totally useless.

What the hell to the icons mean?

Best Answer

The parameters associated with icon are not explained.

For example, the key parameter is probably "steps".  But steps is not defined.

When I count my steps the result does not at all correlate with what the Fitbit says.

So what does Fitbit mean by "steps"? How does it measure steps and why?

And why don't you ever explain this to customers?

Without a clear explanation this smells like fraudulent nonsense.

Perhaps the FEC might be able to get an explanation.

Best Answer

If you run rather than walk, the Fitbit records far fewer "steps", though you expend at least as much and probably more energy. What a piece of junk.

Best Answer

@richardseltzer if you open the Fitbit app, you will see the same icons with what the stand for spelled out. I'm not sure how much easier it can be stated. 

As for the unrelated question about step counting.

Your Fitbit is on the arm, it is unable to look at leg motions but knows what type of arm motions that should occur while the legs are moving, so it looks for these arm motions. 

The tracker is very good at counting steps while on a run/walk/hike.

As for calories, fitbit looks at the heart rate, therefore the number of steps are mute.

Best Answer

There is no way to calibrate the gadget to my body and my habits. It gives me wildly different numbers when I walk the same distance on different days. And when I run that same distance. What a piece of junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The more I look at this thing the more I'm amazed that it is still on the market.

I can sit still and swing my left arm, or do some repetitive task involving movement of my left arm and the Fitbit tells me how many steps I have walked!!! What nonsense.

The Fitbit doesn't count steps at all. I counts arm movements.

That's false and deceptive advertising.

Best Answer

I've spent two days searching Google results and the Fitbit community, and I can not get an answer to my question: What do the icons mean?

The User Manual is useless, and I get a bit hot under the collar when I read answers on this forum like "Have you thoroughly read our Users Guide?" Yes, I have thoroughly read the Users Guide, and I'm no closer to getting an answer to my question.

I'd like to know what the icons on my Fitbit Charge 2 mean. All of them. Clearly explained. Without defensiveness. Without snarky remarks like "well, have you read the User's Manual?" A simple answer. I'm surprised that this information isn't readily available. 

Best Answer

The symbols on your tracker, match the symbols on The tracker. 

Scroll up to here

Best Answer