Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium size wrist band

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit,

My wife and I have been Fitbit customers for the last 2 years, and I'd like to start by saying that we love your products! We both have HR charges. We were so happy with our fitness trackers that we even bought the Alta scale about a year ago. The scale is awesome and we love how it syncs with the Fitbit app on our iPhones, After 2 years it is definitely time for new fitness trackers so we began shopping for our next Fitbits (and considering Fitbit options for our oldest 2 daughters). We love your product so much that staying with Fitbit was never in question, until my wife and I became disheartened to learn that you no longer have a medium size band. My wife's wrist is right on the cusp of small and large, she is unable to comfortably wear a small because it is too tight and can't be loosened while the large is almost too big and can't be tightened. I am sorry to say that because we are no longer able to purchase a Fitbit that my wife can comfortably wear, size-wise, we will have to move on and find a different product that suits our needs. I don't know why the decision was made to stop making a medium size but, nevertheless, it is a decision that saddens both my wife and I, as well as several of our friends who are also Fitbit customers with wrists the size of my wife's. We're sorry to see our relationship with Fitbit end, a relationship we thought would continue on for years to come. Thanks for a great 2 years.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I guess I dont get it.The Large is very easy to adjust.

Best of luck to you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
The small band goes up to 6.3" and the large is adjustable down to a 6.3" there's no wiggle room. I for one would never buy something that barely fit one way or another. What is there to not get?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @ranjinsama and @WendyB, it's nice to see you both here. Cat Wink

@ranjinsama I'm glad to know the good experiences you had with Fitbit and thank you for the time you took to provide your comments. I'd like to start by clarifying that our Fitbit wristbands sizes have always been small and large, for some tracker we designed an extra large band, but we have never had medium sizes. I'd like to invite you to try one of the new models which have better designs, if you're not happy with the product you have 45 days to return it and get a refund, take a look of them on the Fitbit Store.

Hope to see you again. Heart

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
Thanks for the informative reply! We absolutely love Fitbit, but apparently
we got some misinformation from the sales rep we spoke with at
BestBuy. The location we visited was mostly sold out so we were going to
have to order online. We asked about band sizes and were told that all
Fitbits were sized the same. The band he had her try on was for
a differently sized Fitbit, the Surge I believe--it did not fit her
well. After reading your response we inspected her Fitbit finding that it
was a large, an L on the band. After doing some actual research on your
site we ordered her a small Fitbit Charge 2. It actually fits the same as
the original large Charge HR that she's been wearing, She got the teal one
and loves it! I'm glad I posted! Thank you for setting me straight about
the sizing! I've ordered the gunmetal Blaze with an extra-large band for
myself. We're going to start looking for the right fit for our daughters
next. This time we're not going to solely rely on a BestBuy associate,
though we did order our Fitbits from BestBuy, the XL Band we had to order
directly from Fitbit. BestBuy sales associates are usually so helpful and
knowledgeable I forget they're not all experts in all areas.

Thanks MarlenFitbit!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, would love a Medium band as the small is on the small size but large is in the last hole for me.  Guess fitbit just wants to sell to men.

Best Answer
So, after my rant and subsequent re-researching of my band dilemma, I believe I've stumbled across a potential solution to the medium band issue. If you were to order a large Fitbit and then order an additional small band, you could replace one side ending up with a medium-ish band. I did this when I ordered a large Black/Gunmetal Blaze and an XL band. I didn't like having a black Fitbit with a silver clasp so I just tried replacing the botched half of it making it big enough that I could comfortably wear it but not as big as the full sized XL, it's somewhere in the middle now.

Maybe in the future Fitbit could offer this as a package for those who fall in between sizes. I wonder, if you were to contact Fitbit customer service if they would be willing to offer a small discount to make up for the difference in the price of an additional band? I think the extra band for the blaze was only 15$ so I just went for it.

Good luck in what ever you decide!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Great idea...unless, like me you have a Charge HR from which the band cannot be removed.  Actually, after what I've been going through with the replacement (paired one time & now not doing it again) and after 2 1/2 hours chatting with Tech Spt, I'm about to give up on fitbit.  They need to radically improve their software so customers don't spend hours and hours and still not have a working tracker.  BTW, I spent a couple hours doing everything recommended on the community boards before chatting.  Yikes!

Best Answer

Hello @ranjinsama and @MARILYN.VOYLES, hope you're doing good and enjoying the forums. Cat Embarassed

@ranjinsama I'm glad to know that the information provided helped you and the option you're offering here is super useful. I've never tried different size bands mixed up, I'll try to check if this works better for me, thank you for the tip!

@MARILYN.VOYLES I want to thank you for the time you took to perform all the troubleshooting steps from the Community. I checked with our Support Team your case and noticed that you already received a replacement Charge HR.

See you around! 

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd also like to register my vote for FitBit creating a medium-sized band.   I'm a man, but my wrist is exactly at the very upper end of the small band and at the very lower end of the large band.   I own a large band for my Ionic, but having almost two inches of extra band length that can get caught on things is just not optimal.

I may try the suggestion here with buying a large and a small band and merging them together, but that's an additional $30 and a lot of waste.    C'mon Fitbit!   Bring out the medium band!

PS - I love the Ionic.   

Best Answer

I make a “medium” band by taking one part of the large band and the other part of the small band to create a medium band for my Ionic. It ends up giving me two bands because I just use the remaining parts when I need a new band. 

Best Answer

I just bought a Fitbit Ionic and like some here I had some sizing issues where small is too tight and large is too big. I took the previous poster's idea of combining the small and large bands to make a "medium". I also bought 2 colors of the Ionic sport bands which had to be bought in small AND large to accommodate my size $$$$ FITBIT PLEASE MAKE A MEDIUM!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL no, you don't get it. Small band means you are cutting off your circulation at the loosest hole while still being able to secure it. Large bands means you cinch it all the way to hole one and it's still loose. We are not all one size fits all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sing for me small is too small in the large is too big. Come out with medium sized Bands please that everybody's wrist is the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

A large has too much extra links on the end. I could just cut it off the end but then that wouldn't be good either. I love my Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly - I was wearing the large with the extra holes because it's more comfortable, when I wear the small it puts me on the 2nd to last hole, and it feels too tight.  Only trying it because of issues with tracking sleep and heart rate.  Maybe Fitbit could make the "small" slightly larger - my guess is that a 1 cm increase would go a long way towards satisfying those of us searching for a medium.

Best Answer
0 Votes