Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message and call notification problems with Charge 2 and Samsung A8 (2018)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Charge 2 can not receive text or call notifications.
Been in contact with Fitbit support.
I have been through all the suggestions and trouble shooting steps. Although my Samsung Galaxy A8 phone can see the Charge 2 it is unable to pair with it. The Fitbit app is syncing and shows correct data but I’m unable to get notifications to my phone. 
This is really disappointing as I had no problems with my IPhone SE nor the Huawei P20
As far as I can see every other Samsung phone is on your list of compatible devices. Can I assume that this is a problem that will be resolved and quickly!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Cardabelly, it is cool to see new members around! Robot Happy I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team for further help and trying some troubleshooting steps. Now in regards of the phone model that you are using, the Samsung Galaxy A8, since hasn't been officially released as compatible device yet, it is normal that you are experiencing either syncing/setup or notifications issues with it and just like you mentioned, there are several Samsung phones that are compatible but even though they are both belong to the same brand and use Android as it's operation system, the settings could be totally different. 

That being said, please keep in mind that I appreciate your feedback and note that our team is working to add more compatible devices to the compatible list. 

I will appreciate your patience and understanding into this matter. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have the same problem. It's a function that I miss. Will it be possible to get notifications like calls and sms from the A8 on My charge2 in the near future?

Best Answer

Hey @Veronica_soder, welcome aboard! To be completely honest with you my friend, I don't know when the Samsung Galaxy A8 is gonna be full compatible. If you were able to set up and you can sync your Charge 2 with it, but you can't get notifications, could be because this phone model still under testing. So I will ask you to be patient while our team is working to add more phone to the compatible devices list.

I appreciate your understanding! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I am was using Huawei  P9

Notifications  and calls was going through 

Now this week  I using Samsung A6+

I don't get calls and messages  on charger 2

Tried everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to agree to something.. I don't remember what it was but after that it had been working.

//Veronica
Best Answer
0 Votes