Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miles, calories and map wrong from a bike activity - Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I went in a bike ride today my Fitbit charge 3 and the app showed the correct location for my start and ending point of my ride but the miles calculated was half the distance and the calories burned was half. Coming back it had the right distance and calories but that map stopped at shorter that tge half way point.

E1731ACC-5634-4D36-B89D-49958BF00C8B.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Denisebmb. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the screenshot. The connected GPS feature on Fitbit Charge 3 works with the GPS sensors in your nearby phone. I recommend turning off Wi-Fi on your phone when using connected GPS to improve the experience. 

When you choose a GPS exercise, your device vibrates when your phone finds a GPS signal. If your phone doesn't find a signal immediately, keep in mind that environmental factors including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. 

For best results, wait for your phone to find the signal before you start your workout. However, if you don't want to wait you can start your workout and GPS tracking begins when your phone finds a signal. Also, note that your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a GPS signal. In this scenario, your total distance calculated for the workout may be slightly less accurate than if GPS data were available for the entire duration. For more information, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Requirements and troubleshooting for best results:

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.
  • Confirm that Bluetooth on your phone is turned on, and your device is connected under your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
  • Make sure that phone is within 30 feet of your device.
  • Make sure that your device can sync with the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  • Confirm that the Fitbit app can use your phone's GPS sensors. For more information, see How do I allow my Fitbit device to use my phone's GPS sensors?

Regarding active minutes, I recommend visiting this link for more information: What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes