Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing steps on Charge 3 after sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upgraded to Charge 3 from Charge 2 yesterday. Fluent in the use of the app, mobile track, etc.

(1) I'm noticing my calories burned today are a good bit lower than usual for time of day, which is likely related to issue (2) after my recent few syncs (all day sync is OFF and I sync at breaks, etc to check on challenges) a chunk of steps have disappeared. I was over 5000 at 2pm, and now down to 3448 within the hour. Shutdown and restarted phone, synced again, and the steps still are missing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
82 REPLIES 82
I hear you! I’m mad as hell too. I was really excited for mine to arrive today, official launch day in the UK. I put it on I went for a walk and then the steps went backwards. I’ve been walking around the house and the steps are going down, not up. I’ve sent them a message. I had endless drama with my Aria scale too, I’m having serious doubts about their products!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No reply yet. Let’s hope they sort it out ASAP!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you live chatting or email. I chatted (texting) with on three occasions during the last seven hour

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
There’s no live chat in the UK it seems. Either twitter or email. But the complaints on the forum are endless, somewhat worrying. Starting to regret not going for the Apple Watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding some steps disappearing after syncing. Thanks for taking the time to report this and for even contacting customer support about it. Thanks for sharing all the information available about this issue.

As you know, Fitbit is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you in the meantime.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

The update that was released yesterday did nothing to fix this. It’s literally the most basic job this tracker is supposed to do. No wonder Fitbit has squandered their lead in this space. Get the basics right. No date on the Charge 3 screen?? C’mon basic!!

Best Answer
This is exactly my frustration, it was delivered a week late (not sure if that’s Argos or Fitbit issue) and then doesn’t even work. I bought it as a replacement as my charge 2 screen got cracked and let water in so now has no display.. works perfectly when I sync to my phone though so using this over a brand new Fitbit?! Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Update: just opened the FitBit app after showing 9,900 on the FitBit. Charge 3 rolled back to 161 steps. Why is this still not fixed by FitBit?
Best Answer

Dang. Just did 3.5 miles on treadmill with the charge 3 had over 5000 steps. Just synced and am down to 2500... 👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you'all have your original Fitbit still connected (assuming those of you having backwards steps already had a tracker)?  I had a Charge 2 which I disconnected as soon as I added the Charge 3 because I had issues when I was trying to use an Alta HR and Charge 2 together (and had to remove the Alta HR).  So I am only linked to the Charge 3, removed the Charge 2, and so far the steps from all my exercise this morning on the Charge 2 stayed intact and the steps from the Charge 3 are updating correctly.  

Best Answer
Right. Mine were wonky yesterday, because/while I had my Charge 2 connected. So I removed it. Still missing steps. I then restarted 3 times in a row at bedtime. Today, no missed steps. (Btw I have taken mobile track off as well during troubleshooting.)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Right. Mine were wonky yesterday, because/while I had my Charge 2 connected. So I removed it. Still missing steps. I then restarted 3 times in a row at bedtime. Today, no missed steps. (Btw I have taken mobile track off as well during troubleshooting.)

Best Answer

Mine was syncing no where near my other Fitbit... just not wanting pull steps forward.  Crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But you do still have it linked?  Myself and it sounds like @obuzzwan have found that we needed to remove the other device entirely before the syncing was working correctly.

Best Answer
I removed mine and it didn’t help at all, synced multiple times but still not working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

O.k. so with ONLY the Charge 3 linked to your phone app, have you also done a reboot (plug Charge 3 in to power then long press haptic button until it reboots).  

One last thing you might try is clearing the cache of the app on your phone.  

I hope you all get it sorted...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems those who have gotten it to work, not only removed their other device, but also restarted the fitbit, and possibly their phones too.  Then they sync’d.

If you just removed a device and didn’t restart, maybe restarting is the key?

I get mine tomorrow so we will see what happens. I too use and iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually I haven’t tried the reboot without the charge 2 still connected, I’ll try that tomorrow. Thank you. But I’m hoping as they know there’s an issue it will get fixed properly as well.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have done this and it still keeps changing the step count!! Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this? I’m still having this issue with my charge 3 no reply from Fitbit twitter help

Best Answer