Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 and Fitbit app are not recording my sleep properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a mom of a 18-day newborn that wakes up at night for breastfeeding and I've been using Fitbit Charge 3 only to track my (rare) sleep.

We usually have daylight saving time during this time of the year, but not this year. It turns out (my theory) that Fitbit got confused.

Whenever I register sleep manually (because for some reason Fitbit did not register automatically), I insert a certain time (eg. 23:00 = 11pm) and it records one hour less (eg. 22:00 = 10pm).

That's just one of the symptoms. I don't think I can even trust what it being tracked because the amount of sleeping time changes according to the staring and ending time, so if it records them wrong, the sleeping time is probably wrong too.

My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20. I don't know if it's some kind of incompatibility. My Charge 3 is up to date and synced 

How to fix this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @FabiP.

Thank you for the information provided and thank you for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

If you haven't done it already, please restart your Fitbit Charge 3 and make sure to track your sleep by following these instructions.

Whether this doesn't help, you can try the following:

- Log out from the Fitbit app

- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S20

- Uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit app

- Log back into the app

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @FabiP.

Thank you for the information provided and thank you for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

If you haven't done it already, please restart your Fitbit Charge 3 and make sure to track your sleep by following these instructions.

Whether this doesn't help, you can try the following:

- Log out from the Fitbit app

- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S20

- Uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit app

- Log back into the app

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for answering. 

After doing all that, the problem continues.

It seems to me it is a bug in Fitbit's app.

Here are two screenshots to exemplify:

- I try to record 23hs as starting time

- Fitbit records 22hs as starting time

Screenshot_20201213-000513_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-000534_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FabiP, thanks for the update and for the screen shots provided.

Before reporting this to our team, please try to record your sleep with your Fitbit Charge 3 without setting any information in the Fitbit app.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for answering. 

Automatic recording works, but as you know, Fitbit only records sleeping for more than 1 hour in a row, which is not always the case for nursing moms. The only problem in automatic recording is that when the app sums the total sleeping time of a day, it considers the time from midnight of D-1 to midnight of D, which makes no sense. It should sum the amount of hours of the night, even if you went to bed anytime before midnight. 

I hope Fitbit fixes all that, otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a smartwatch of some other brand. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes