Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 doesn't register my exercise after the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After uploading the newest update ( version 20001.88.11), the Charge 3 does not track anything (steps, heartbeat, floors, miles etc.). Only the watch portion is working. I've tried rebooting to no avail. The last update essentially killed my Charge 3. Will there be another update to "fix" the last update? I'm not going to use it if will only act as a glorified watch. This is really frustrating. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @lunarnut.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is not working properly. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In addition to the regular restart, you can try a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If this doesn't work, you can erase your device by doing the following but by keep in mind that your apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards (for Fitbit Pay-enabled devices), and saved settings will be deleted from the device:

On your device, open the Settings app > About > Clear User Data.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done those resets  but I am also having this problem.  When is a new update going to fix this connection problem?  

Best Answer

Agreed and everything tracked fine in September. After an update nothing works in activities or exercise. Can’t do challenges in Bingo without the activities and it is telling me no exercise when I have so it is frustrating and sad to look at the stats!

Best Answer