Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 is burning way more calories.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey folks!  Wondering if anyone has some insight.

I had a Fitbit Inspire 2, and was gifted a Charge 3, so I removed the one from my account and activated the new Charge 3. So far all good, other than the fact that I seem to now be burning about 2000 calories more a day. My daily BMR is 2168, at the time of writing this, I have been awake for 1 hour and I've already burned 1883 calories. I understand we burn while we sleep, and I have been tracking that. (usually, it is around 800 calories) We are more than double that now. Yesterday was my rest day.. I stayed home all day, other than a quick outing to the grocery store, and I burned over 5200 calories. On my average day with a 1-hour workout plus a 20min spin bike class, I would normally see 3500-4000 total burned. 

When I go into my calories tracking and can see what times of day it's saying I am getting increases, they are just sporadic and no correlation. Just random spikes of "Light activity" that burn 100 calories or more. 

Any thoughts or ideas as to why this would be happening? I have checked all my personal info and the stats are correct, and my BMR seems accurate when checked against online calculators. 

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @BigDaddyCee.

Thank you for the information provided.

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR), your activity data and your heart-rate data to estimate your calories burned. Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age). I would recommend making sure once again the physical data on your Fitbit profile is correct. For instructions on how to manage your Fitbit profile, please go to this article, open the menu "How do I change my birthdate, sex, height, or weight?" and follow the instructions.

If everything is ok, please restart your Fitbit Charge 3 by following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @BigDaddyCee.

Thank you for the information provided.

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR), your activity data and your heart-rate data to estimate your calories burned. Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age). I would recommend making sure once again the physical data on your Fitbit profile is correct. For instructions on how to manage your Fitbit profile, please go to this article, open the menu "How do I change my birthdate, sex, height, or weight?" and follow the instructions.

If everything is ok, please restart your Fitbit Charge 3 by following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Anyone have any insight that doesn’t involve a “copy and pasted” answer that disregards everything I said in my post?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @BigDaddyCee.

Most of the type, this type of issues are related to the information entered in the Fitbit profile.

Could you please let us know if after verifying your personal information didn't you find anything wrong?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I searched on the forms before I posted and yes as stated I already verified my information was correct..

I even went as far as comparing Fitbits‘s BMR to an online calculator and it was pretty spot on

Now this is The weird thing I plugged my Fitbit into charge (it was down to 45%) yesterday afternoon and it was at about 4000 cal for the day and when I picked it up off the charger a couple hours later it was down to 2800 cal and it seems to be counting calories normally again since.

I don’t know what’s going on lol
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response @BigDaddyCee.

I'm glad to hear that your calories burned are getting counted normally again.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

For the last couple of days my calories burned is higher than normal - 1000+ more than normal. My heart rate also seems to be up - peaks of around 180bpm rather than 120 what it has been recently . Admittedly it's been stressful at work but wouldn't have expected such a big jump.  Fitbit battery was running low. Perhaps tomorrow will be better....

Is your heart rate the same as usual?

Cheers 

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI.  Seems to be working ok today. 😁😁

Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Kimptoc.

Thanks for letting us know that your calories burned seem to be working ok.

See you around.

Best Answer
I wish that was the case but as of today again once the battery got below 50% my calories have spiked like crazy it’s halfway through the day and I’m almost at 5000 cal which is more than double my average I tried charging the Fitbit today to see if what happened last time would work but it seems to have not changed anything.

I have no idea what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Ouch.

Coincidentally my calories shot up yesterday too. Does seem related to my
heart rate rising but was not a work day - haha.

Although battery was low again... below 20%

Thanks
Chris
Best Answer

Thank you for your responses @BigDaddyCee @Kimptoc.

If you are still having difficulties with your calories burned, please visit this link and tell me if your weight is correct.

In addition, please verify if you see the same number of calories burned int the online Dashboard at fitbit.com as in the Fitbit app.

I'll be waiting for your responses.

Best Answer

Hi Edson Weight matches my withings scale as of this morning. Also calories burned matches on web page to the app. Calories are very high again today. Battery is at 63 percent. Heart rate is also way high. Will try reboot/no data loss on the Fitbit. See if that helps

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Kimptoc.

In addition to the restart, please visit this article to check out the different factors that can affect your heart rate readings and get some tips to resolve them.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes