Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 no longer lights up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've reviewed the manual and can't find a solution to my issue. My Charge 3 face went dark and so far solutions offered are not working, i.e. holding side button down for 8 seconds, taking tracker off periodically... . The device is tracking activity, but display is not functioning.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to us and for confirming that you have tried both processes @Doodledood.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

Thank you for your advise and comments @Mags2017.

Have a nice day. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Same problem just so dim can't see it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I’ve read everything and tried everything 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Happyatlast2@Notsooldguy@SammySnape. I´m sorry to hear your Charge 3 face went dark and thank you for mentioning that you have tried everything.

Please confirm that you have tried restarting your tracker, the long restart and changing the clock face

See you around. 

Best Answer

I have tried all three suggestions with absolutely no luck! Maybe an update can be developed so this kind of problem can be resolved will help. I’m about ready to trash my device (one more item in the landfill) ugh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying advised troubleshooting  steps @Happyatlast2.

I understand how frustrating this could be and went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

I’m having a similar problem. Started a month or so ago with horizontal dark lines, screen very dim, now I only have dim light in the bottom third of the screen and that only even occasionally. Sometimes completely dark. It’s still tracking and syncing. I’ve tried every reset protocol I can find on this forum, with no luck - some resets don’t even seem to reset anything. I’ve tried changing clock faces, again no luck. It seems to be dying a long slow death. Very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit  Community, @Doodledood. Thank you for letting us know that you have tried every reset protocol and changing clock faces in order to remove the horizontal dark lines on your Charge 3 screen.

Please confirm that you have tried  restarting your tracker and the long restart.

I´ll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Yes I have tried both of these processes. The screen is so dark I cannot ever see the smile or the battery icons but there are vibrations. Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going in to a very dark room.  You should be able to see the screen (it's kind of hard).  Swipe through to settings then select screen brightness and tap "Auto."  I did this, today (accidentally turned off the brightness) and another member of the community suggested this and it worked.  However, what ever you do, do not call customer support and have them update the firmware or do a remote hard re-start.  This happened when I tried to get the white lines off my watch screen and they broke my old Charge 3.  All they offered was a small discount on a new fitbit.  I found a new Charge 3 on ebay for $85.00 and it's worked great.  Good luck!

Mags2017
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for confirming that you have tried both processes @Doodledood.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

Thank you for your advise and comments @Mags2017.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes