Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 screen is black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like it seems everyone else with a Charge 3, the latest update completely destroyed the usability of my device. It started with the black lines slowly taking over the screen, the the battery drained incredibly fast to the point that it died despite being charged the day before. Now, even in the charger my screen is entirely black, and while it does vibrate, there is nothing on the screen. It was fully charged last night as well, so it's not a case of the battery dying (I would hope). 

I have already done both the soft and hard reset, changed clock faces, everything that has been recommended in every other  forum post on this. It seems every issue stems from the update earlier this month. I doubt another update is getting pushed through to fix this issue, so I am asking someone from Support to contact me, as soon as possible. Own up to your mistake and start fixing it guys or you'll have lost a good chunk of your customer base!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi. I am having the exact same issue as others on this post. After updating, black lines for a few days and now display is completely black. Can feel it vibrate when trying to reboot it with and without charger attached. Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And of the two units I mentioned in my comment, one is the one that support had sent me.  I've  started another thread to see if there is an alternate solution to my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Davenp50 @skma @ALJAD @SisterT @jacl.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with the screen of your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the time you spent trying to resolve the issue.

@Davenp50 @skma @SisterT, I opened a case with Customer Support for each one of you to provide further assistance. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will do their best to provide a high level of support. 

@ALJAD, according to our records, our team has been providing assistance to your case. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

@jacl, thank you for your comment.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I am having the same issues. Charged it overnight. Now have a black screen which is unresponsive although it still vibrates. Have tried all the suggested resets. No luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same problem. I have used this Charge3 for almost 2 years and really love it. This summer I noticed I was having trouble seeing the screen.  My son who has better eyes than me,. was able to change the lighting section. It was better for a week, then again I couldn't read the screen.  Now, it is totally black.  I have tried the resets, charged batteries, changed the clock face, synced, reset, etc etc etc.  The watch still vibrates but that is all, I can't read it at all. Please create a case number for me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is having the same exact issue, today it randomly started pulsing across my nightstand; I had to put it in my drawer because I couldn't get it to respond. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also suffering the same issue. I have restarted multiple times. Now my tracker won't even sync anymore. Please help Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @lu-shugg @MollyJD @Reeledeal @CVE1979.

Thank you for reporting the issue you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3 screen. Thank you also for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue.

@lu-shugg @CVE1979, I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible.

@MollyJD @Reeledeal , I created a case with Customer Support. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3  started getting the black lines on the screen about the same time as this thread was started, after about 9 months of use. Now it is pretty much unreadable. It still tracks just fine, but I feel like I'm back to the original one that you could only see your steps by looking at the app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have a black screen as of today. All reset attempts failed. I have a Fitbit charge 3. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AprilCeleste @CJvA.

Thank you for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Charge 3 devices before contacting us.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes