Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 screen is totally black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

please help me! I just got a new charge 3 not even a week ago and now it won't respond! I tried unpairing it and my app says it can find it but the screen stays totally black! I can't get the pairing number off of it! 😫 i love my fitbit when it works! But something must be wrong with the software program as the same thing happened to my inspire HR about a month ago... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @thismamacooks.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 screen doesn't turn on. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

To try to resolve the issue, please restart your Tracker. Whether this doesn't help, you can perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only screen that works is the smiley face. It won't go to the battery screen at all!

Best Answer

I did the exact reset steps listed and my screen is still blank. Fitbit charge 3. It vibrates and nothing happens once I plug it back in. It tracks but the screen remains black/blank. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi Nadia

I'm having the exact same problem and can't seem to get any proper reply from Fitbit.  Won't be buying another one that's for sure.

Best Answer

This didn't work for me. The Fitbit vibrated for about 15 seconds as I held the button and then stopped vibrating. Nothing happened for the next 15 seconds. The screen stayed blank. 

Best Answer

Yes I've tried everything too and get absolutely no response whatsoever from my Charge 3 except for a short vibration and a smiley face! I can't even pair it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @thismamacooks @NadiaY_C @Heekm @mweinger.

I regret to hear that you experienced difficulties with your Charge 3 display. Thank you for following our troubleshooting steps and for the information provided.

@thismamacooks to evaluate this situation, I created a case for each one of you. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

@NadiaY_C @Heekm, before going any further, please try to change the clock face of your Charge 3 devices by following these instructions.

@mweinger, I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. 

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same issue.  My charge 3 screen is black, worked this morning, not this afternoon.  I've already restarted several times, watch vibrates,  but nothing on the screen. I've also tried changing the clock face, but that didn't help.

Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Regina.M.

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having the same issue with your Fitbit Charge 3 screen. Thank you for the information provided and for the time you spent while trying some troubleshooting steps.

It seems that you have contacted Customer Support already. They will help you out to find a solution as soon as possible. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue.  Fitbit already replaced my Charge 3 once (when it died after 6 months but) but now I am about 3 months out of warranty. This us my third and last Fitbit. I'm going to find something that works for more than a year.

Best Answer

Hi Regina, same issues, don't feel like spending $100 on a new device when it appears they die in under two years or less. Just put new batteries in my watch and will use my old pedometer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Usually when it happens I restart my Charge 3 and it's fixed. I don't know if it's under warranty, but I can't get it to restart. It gives me a couple vibrations then nothing. I tried changing the clock face already. It buzzed, so I think I changed it, but it is still blank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with a very dark screen.  However, the screen obviously works because when the Smiley face comes up after a reset it is in the usual bright display, but then the rest is very dark.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quite amazing.  I complained about my display dissapearing yesterday, and today it suddenly came back to life with any interference!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Chumana @Grandma01 @djthomson @BSeeff.

I regret to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the screen of your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us and for the information provided.

@Chumana, I just sent this information to Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible. 

@Grandma01 @djthomson, I was informed by Customer Support that you've recently been in touch with them. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a solution to your case.

@BSeeff, I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 display is working fine. Thank you for the update.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same I reached out to them and got the same crap via phone to do a reset.... It doesn’t fix the issue.... There response to me by email was a suggestion to purchase a new one with a 35% of code... it’s there way of making people buy new ones.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya there way of getting people to buy new ones is to send out a bad update.. They offered me a 35% off code to purchase a new one instead of fixing there screw up!! Sad company I will be purchasing from a different company for sure and spreading the word to all my friends and family......

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm hoping they replace it or fix it. I was always really happy with it
until now. Fi ger crossed. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup same song and dance to all complaints!!!  Just fix the issue instead of giving us all the run around....

Best Answer