Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 3 went dark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After only a year and a half of use, my Charge 3 went dark. Customer service tried to help but declared it “defective” and said I would get an email  about replacing it.  According to that email if I lived in the EU I would get a free replacement —2 year warranty. I live in the US so my warranty was only 1 year. They offered 35% off. Nice but the fundamental question is: shouldn’t your product last longer than a year and a half?  It’s clear from posts here that there is a problem with dark screens on the Charge 3. Why isn’t Fitbit solving the underlying problem with their device?  Why should I spend more money to replace it?  Will it last any longer?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Moopy.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the information provided.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I would like to mention that many users have been using their Charge 3 devices for a longer time without reporting any problem.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem with my charge 3. The first one was replaced FOC and the replacement has now got the same problem. No replacement this time.  I will not get another one of these so I will look at an alternate product. 

Best Answer

If that's the case, then shouldn't the Charge 3 fitbits that go dark after less than 2 years be deemed defective? Mine has been dark for months, uselss really, I have to look at my phone to see the time or my steps. I was offered 35% off an new Fitbit, pathetic! I think Samsung will be getting my money next time. I'm not paying all that money just to have the Fitbit go dark in less than 2 years and be told it's par for the course. Fitbit does not stand behind their products! Shame  on you!

Best Answer
Good result in my case Fitbit have agreed to replace my charge 3 free of charge. Solves the problem but may still purchase an alternative

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer