Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge HR is stuck in military time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge hr is stuck in military time I cannot fix It I tried. I need help

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Howdy @Krishay, have to use your internet browser...

go to fitbit.com and log in

click the gray'd gear icon in the upper right and click "settings" on the drop down

scroll up to "clock time display"

On the right click 24hr, change the radio button to 12hr

Hit the submit button at the bottom

Next time you sync your tracker it will be AM/PM 🙂

Welcome to forums!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! My fitbit Versa 2 is stuck on Military time too! I tried going into my settings and changing it to 12 Hr and hit submit. But it goes right back to 24 HR. It is sooooo annoying and irritating I spent $200 on this watch and I bought one for my mom so $400, does anyone know of any fixes i can do to change this? Thanks!

Best Answer

do you know how to read militarty time? On a clock whemn it goes past 12, itr turms in 13. 13 would be 1:00

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work on my Ionic.  Changed it to 12 hours on my profile and it's still on military time. 

Best Answer

It took a while for mine to update. I also realised that as it was between noon and 1 pm, it would still show 12 so if that applies to you, maybe wait until after 1 pm?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friday the 13th has struck my Versa.  The Versa was working properly in the 12 hour format.  At sometime this afternoon, I noticed the Versa was operating in military time, without any action taken by me.  I had not visited the Fitbit web page, at all. I regularly check my sleeping stats every morning and only use the cell phone app to perform a quick forced sync.

I have a second Fitbit, a Surge.  I am able to change the 12/24 format on my web page account and the changes do occur properly on the Surge.  The Versa, however, seems to work perfectly except for the 12/24 format display.  The Versa remains stuck on 24hr military time.  I sync both the Versa and the Surge via my cell phone app.  I lost the Surge dongle, but it pairs with my cell phone and it's all good.

I turned the Versa Off and turned it On.  Restarted my cell phone. I have spent at least 3 full hours trying to toggle the Versa display.  On the one hand, I am totally comfortable with 24hr format.  Totally.  But I am exasperated with my experience here this evening. I'm at a loss for the moment.  I want my Versa to work properly.

Best Answer

This response supplements my post here one day earlier.  For my situation, having been stuck in Military time, like the OP, I solved my problem:

It was My bad.  I have just corrected and better understand the condition where the Versa was showing only military time, even though my web page account setting was toggled for 12 Hour time display. 

All advice here, on YouTube, and any other web search blogs indicates that the time mode is controlled by going to the account web page, selecting the Gear icon -> then Settings -> then Personal Infp -> then Clock Display Time,-> then 12 Hour -> then Finally selecting the preference of either 12 Hour or 24 Hour.  None of these instructions make a Point stressing that, when using this approach, (YMMV) your mileage may vary when the clock face is provided via a 3rd party app.  

So, in my case, the above workflow is Not always true, at least if you are using a 3rf party clock face.  In my further research and trial and error, I Stumbled on some additional settings, in 2 of my 2 third party clock faces.  Those 3rd party apps have additional options that I originally overlooked.  These 2 apps had an additional option to set the display to either 12 Hour or 24 Hour displays.  When I set each of these 2 apps to 12 hour format, both responded and displayed 12 Hour format correctly.  My two 3rd party apps didn't care even a bit about what time option was selected within the Fitbit dot com web page user preferences. 

What distracted me originally was that in the overview of my preferred 3rd party clock face it said the app "supported" 12/24 time keeping.  In fact, the apps not only supported 12/24 display but equally important, the 3rd party app over rides the Fitbit settings on the main web page account preferences.

Why my clock face changed from 12 to 24 Hour format initially is a mystery.  I never touched or played with the clock app Settings.  Also, when I selected my second, or alternate favorite clock face that clock defaulted 24 Hour time.  That only added to more confusion, until I stumbled on a Settings option for the time format resident in my cell phone Fitbit app.  Problem solved.

Maybe others are stuck in some clock face time format because they are using a 3rd party app.  Check your Settings in that specific clock face.  Something to consider.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is an additional supplement worth noting and capturing, almost like a "sticky".   Now that I know what I am looking for, in order to toggle a clock face to show either 12 or 24 hour time format, here is another thread where I missed some magic insight, similar to what I discovered and posted above.  Give credit to @Rich_Laue for having recognized this and posted previously in a Fitbit Community thread titled "How do I change the time to Military time?"  Sorry, I don't know how, or if you can post a link to that thread specifically. So, here is a cut and paste from that other thread:

Quoting @Rich_Laue:

It depends on which clock face you have...

With some of the faces it us us changed through the be clock settings.

With others you go to your settings on Fitbit com

Then click the settings and scroll up to the time

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forget about this, on some third party faces for the Versa and Sense the programmer did not use the global 12/24 settings link. 

All of Fitbit faces do look at this, and with the Charge models this will be changed through the web browser, not the face settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that, it hasn't helped. My fitbit has worked up until now, but all of a sudden the time is screwing up. It goes to military time. Then it decides that the 1 should be a zero, so now the time is off by 2 hours. I *do* know how to tell military time but I don't WANT military time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes